Ignite v4.6 - Updated 02/02/2024
As of 02/02/2024, the most recent version of Ignite by Hatch™ is v4.6. Updating Ignite to v4.6 will ensure that all users have the latest games/experiences, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Spanish Guided Practice games: Explore new games aimed at our dual-language learners, with a special focus on math and science skills. These engaging games are crafted to make learning fun and support skill growth with additional practice.
- First-grade social studies games: Dive into our newest collection of games for first graders, covering essential social studies topics, such as economics, global connections, and civics and citizenship. These games are developed with new accessibility options to ensure inclusivity and support.
Ignite v4.5 - Updated 01/08/2024
As of 01/08/2024, the most recent version of Ignite is v4.5. Updating Ignite to v4.5 will ensure that all users have the latest games/experiences, enhancements, and bug fixes.
26 New English Games for Kindergarten Skills!Explore a variety of new English games designed to cover essential kindergarten skills:
- Science & Technology games (8): Dive into Science & Technology games, with expanded Earth Science games and a new subdomain in Engineering.
- Social–Emotional Development games (15): Engage with new Social–Emotional Development games featuring subdomains like Social Awareness, Social Skills, and Responsible Decision-Making.
- Social Studies games (3): Discover new Social Studies games with new subdomains, such as Civics & Citizenship, Economics, and Global Connections. Stay tuned for further expansions as more first-grade skills are introduced.
- Accessibility improvements: The teacher dashboard now features accessibility-driven enhancements, improving keyboard operability. Enjoy more responsive drop-down fields and easier navigation in the Manage Children sections via tab/arrow keys.
- Enhanced game experience: A function has been added to new game development, introducing random "correct answer" animations. Children will experience a unique and dynamic feel even when playing repeated games.
Ignite v4.4 - Updated 12/01/2023
As of 12/01/2023, the most recent version of Ignite is v4.4. Updating to Ignite v4.4 will ensure all users have the latest games/experiences, enhancements, and bug fixes.
New Games for Kindergarten Skills
We're thrilled to introduce 27 new games that cover essential Kindergarten skills, providing a diverse range of learning experiences for your students.
- Math games (9): Explore Number Sequencing, Addition, Subtraction, and more to strengthen foundational mathematics skills.
- Literacy games (15): Dive into new subdomains, like Phoneme Manipulation, Craft and Structure, and Integration of Knowledge and Ideas. These new skills pair perfectly with our newest product offerings created in partnership with Code-Ed. Check it out today!
- Social Studies and Language & Communication Development games (3): Engage in existing subdomains, like Self Identity, Community Awareness, and Vocabulary, aligned with kindergarten skills and state/national standards.
Improved messaging and redirection for parents adding a child's photo.
Auto-roster customers can no longer accidentally edit child information in Ignite.
Windows devices without a keyboard attached will now automatically bring up the on-screen keyboard for better accessibility.
Ignite v4.3 - Updated 11/06/2023
As of 11/06/2023, the most recent version of Ignite is v4.3. Updating to Ignite v4.3 will ensure all users have the latest games/experiences, enhancements, and bug fixes.
Discover 31 captivating games tailored for kindergarten skills, including exciting these additions:
- Numeral Writing experiences: Enhance your children’s fundamental number recognition and formation skills with six new experiences. Children can practice writing numbers 0–20, and Ignite will save their work samples for your review in Hatch Insights™.
- 3D Shapes experiences: There are seven new, engaging activities to help children understand the world of 3D shapes.
There are two Spatial Relationship experiences to encourage children to observe and describe object placements using spatial language, thereby nurturing spatial awareness.
Additionally, we have added 16 Letter–Sound Correspondence and Alphabet Knowledge alternate games, providing extra opportunities for children to showcase their literacy skills.
We have enhanced the accessibility and usability of our Manage Children/Manage Class forms, making it easier for users to navigate form fields via their keyboard.
Ignite v4.2 - Updated 09/29/2023
As of 09/29/2023, the most recent version of Ignite is v4.2. Updating to Ignite v4.2 will ensure all users have the latest games/experiences, enhancements, and bug fixes.
New Alternate Games!
Introducing 20 new alternate literacy games! These games offer children another chance to practice their skills. If they didn't quite grasp a concept the first time, these games allow them to try again and ensure that their learning wasn't affected by the game itself.
Expanded support for Spanish learners in kindergarten skills. This means more assistance for children using Ignite to learn.
Enhanced excitement for seven of our early Ignite games in both English and Spanish when children begin playing.
An additional step to maintain Ignite's safety. Now, when you click on links leading outside of Ignite, you'll encounter the familiar "1/2/3/4" gate you know from the teacher dashboard.
Ignite v4.1 - Updated 09/01/2023
As of 09/01/2023, the most recent version of Ignite is v4.1. Updating to Ignite v4.1 will ensure all users have the latest games/experiences, enhancements, and bug fixes.
Entry Experiences have been refreshed for back to school! Children playing Entry Experiences will now be able to finish up to 30% faster than before without any changes to the content and skills available. For more information about Entry Experiences, please see What Are Entry Experiences?
- New buddy rewards! Children can dress up their buddies with more options than ever before, including more accessible options, like hearing aids and epilepsy helmets.
- Alternate games to give children a second chance at a skill! This release includes three alternate opportunities for children to retry a skill, helping to ensure that the environment or mechanics of the game did not influence the child's ability.
- Administrators can now log in to Ignite to demo games using Explore Ignite. For more information, see [Org Admins, School Admins] Ignite by Hatch™ App Access for Admins.
- The family members area in Ignite has an updated design. Family members will now see updated fonts and a new option to help get support directly from Ignite.