After our sales team has set up your organization, the organization admin will receive an invite through Clever to add our app Hatch Insights™. Through this app, we will help you register all your users so that your children are able to play Ignite by Hatch™. To learn how to get set up, watch the following video or follow the steps below.
Step 1: Accept App Invitation
- The first step to enabling the Roster Sync is to add the Hatch Insights app in Clever. Your district admin will receive an email from Clever notifying you that you have been sent our invite.
- You will also be notified on your Clever dashboard. On the dashboard, you'll see our app Hatch Insights and a button to View Invite. Click this button.
- You will then be asked to accept the invite by clicking the Accept button. After this, you will begin the data sharing and setup process. For more information about accepting app invites, please see this article from Clever.
Note: At this time, you can also add the Ignite by Hatch™ app, following the same instructions.
Step 2: Share Roster Data With Insights in Clever
- From your Clever dashboard, click on the application name (Hatch Insights) to be directed to the application overview page.
- If it's your first time setting up, you should see a Begin Setup button. Click this button to start sharing data. If you have already set it up but now want to edit your sharing setting, you should see an Edit Sharing button; click this button.
- The data you share will depend on what you have discussed with our sales team regarding licenses. Our recommended sharing setting (the first option) will easily share any section, where the section grade is named Infant, Toddler, Kindergarten, Preschool, PreKindergarten, or Transitional Kindergarten.
- With any sharing method, we recommend including your children's demographic information so that they start Ignite at the most developmentally appropriate skill level. For more information please see: Ignite™ Placement for Kindergarten Children.
- While it is usually easiest to use the recommended sharing setting, if these don't sound like they'll work for you, then please reach out to us. For more information about sharing permissions in Clever, see this article.
- After you choose a sharing method, you'll choose exactly who needs access. If you're sharing with specific users, then this is where you'll choose those users.
- Finally, in Step Three you'll preview and share with Insights.
Step 3: Add Connection Details
- Once data has been shared from Clever, an organization admin in Insights will need to establish the connection to the Clever roster server. Upon login, the admin will either be taken to the Roster Sync Settings page, or they can navigate here by hovering over ROSTER, then finding Roster Sync Settings under the Imports section.
- For the Clever connection to be successful, you'll need to collect your district ID.
- From your Clever dashboard, click on the Hatch Insights app. Then, click the settings tab. Here you will see an instant login link.
- At the end of the URL, you'll see district_id= and then a string of numbers and letters. Copy just this last bit of information in the link.
- You may need to copy the whole link and paste it somewhere to see the entire string.
- For more information, check out this article.
Step 4: Set the Schedule
- First, ensure that your scheduled sync is enabled. Schedules can be disabled at times when data does not need to be synced (for example, during the summer when no one is using Clever or Ignite).
- The Roster Sync can be configured to run daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Daily syncs can only be run in the off-peak hours to avoid changes during peak usage.
- You may also select Sync Now to immediately start a one-time sync to populate the data from Clever. Unless there is an error with the import, the Sync Now option will not be available again until the next scheduled sync has run.
Step 5: Set Additional Settings
- If you toggle on Allow removal of data to match roster, then data removed from your rostering platform will be deactivated or removed from your Hatch roster, too.
- If you toggle on Send emails about sync events, then you will receive emails about your sync statuses.
- If you toggle on Auto-carryover from last year's data, we will automatically attempt to match children from your archive to children coming in via sync.
- If you toggle on Allow edits to classroom names to override roster names, this will allow you and other educators to edit the class names in Hatch.
Step 6: Save Settings
- After saving your settings, you should see the following screen. If you don't see this screen, then double-check your district ID.
Step 7: View Sync Status
- Once your first sync has completed, you'll be to see your Sync Status.
- Organization admins can view their sync status and import history by clicking the View Sync Status link on the Success page or by navigating to Org Management > Roster Sync Status.
- From here, you may need to make some edits to your roster data, or, if you're an existing customer, you may need to match existing Hatch users.
- If there are issues with your sync, you may receive an email like the one below. It may be the case that you entered some information incorrectly on the Roster Sync Settings page. If you continue to have trouble, please contact Hatch™ Customer Support.