What Do Families Need to Access Ignite™?
- In order for family members to log into Ignite by Hatch™, their account must be added by the child's teacher first.
- Families using Ignite will need a steady Internet connection.
- Please also check the minimum device requirements in order to download and use Ignite.
Getting Started as an Ignite Family Member
- Once you are added to Hatch Insights™ by your child's (or children's) teacher, you will receive a welcome email from Hatch.
- The welcome email will include a temporary password to log in to your account and how to access reports in Insights.
- From the welcome email, you can first visit your dashboard on Insights.
- Click the green button that says "Let's Go!" below the temporary password to visit Insights.
- At the login screen, enter your email address and the temporary password (copied from the welcome email).
- You will then be prompted to create your own password. This new password can be used to log in to Insights and Ignite.
- You will then see your Insights dashboard to track your child's progress in Ignite.
Play Ignite at Home
When you enter Insights you should see a pop-up to Install Ignite. If not you can also find the Install Ignite page under RESOURCES.
To install Ignite select the device option that applies to your device. You will be directed to the appropriate store to download the app. You can also access Ignite from your Google Chrome browser.
Follow the directions from the appropriate app store to download the app onto your device.
Once the app has been installed and opened, select the Ignite icon to launch it.
Enter your email address and the new password you created at first login.
You will see a few animation screens and then you will be directed to your child's login page. This is where play can begin!
Children will touch their photo twice to log in and begin play. This helps to confirm the child's identity when two or more children belong to a family.
Family Members Can View Child Progress
- Once children have begun to play in school or at home, families can sign in to Hatch Insights™ and view reports about their children's progress.
- See our article about viewing child progress in family reports.
Child Photo Requests
- Ignite uses child photos to help children log in and play.
- We ask teachers to add a child photo to each child's account during setup. If the teacher thinks you might have a better photo opportunity, they may request a photo from you.
- If so, you will receive an invitation to add a photo of your child so your child can log in to play Ignite.
- If you get an invitation to add a photo of your child, log in to Insights at https://insights.hatchearlylearning.com and follow instructions to take a photo of your child.
- If you do not receive an invitation to add a photo of your child, your teacher may have added a photo already.
- You can upload a photo or take a photo with your device's camera.
- Once your child has a photo, playtime can begin!
Best of luck with your Ignite journey!