In this article, we will discuss how to add a child in the Ignite™ app, but we STRONGLY recommend using Hatch Insights if you need to add a lot of children. For information about how to add children in Hatch Insights™, please see the following articles:
- How Do I Add Child and Family Accounts to Ignite™?
- How to Manage Existing Children and Families in Hatch Insights™
- [Org Admins, School Admin, Teachers] CSV Import for Child and Family Information
Add a New Child
If it's your first time logging in to Ignite and you have no children yet, you will automatically be prompted to add children. However, if you already have children and need to add more, then you will need to access the Teacher area.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and then tap the numbers in ascending order.
- Once you're in the Teacher Area, tap the second cloud button labeled Manage Children (Add/Edit).
- Here, you'll find multiple options for managing your classroom. To add a new child, click the cloud button labeled Add New Child.
- We recommend adding children in Hatch Insights on your laptop because you will have more options and it will be easier to add many children. However, if you want to continue in Ignite, click that cloud button to continue. Note: You can only add family members in Hatch Insights.
- Enter the required child information and then click Next. We recommend including the child's grade level so that they start Ignite at the most developmentally appropriate skill level. For more information please see: Ignite™ Placement for Kindergarten Children.
- You will then be asked to take a photo of the child. Photos allow children to log in and play Ignite independently, and they are required for play.
- After adding the photo, you will see a confirmation screen. You can add another child, start playing Ignite, and more!