Administrators and teachers can add children to Ignite by Hatch™ at any time of the year.
If you do not see some of the options below, your organization may be using automated rostering. Check to see whether the child exists on the View All Children page.
If you are new to Ignite and are adding the very first children to your organization, your setup experience will guide you to options for adding children.
See also: Add Family Members to Existing Children.
Adding a New Child
- Log into Hatch Insights.
- Select the ROSTER drop-down menu at the top, and in the Children section, select Add New Child.
- All items with an asterisk (*) beside them are required. Add the required info and click Continue.
- On the next page, you can add demographic information and Family information. Family information is highly recommended so that children can play Ignite at home and family members can check their child's progress.
- Click Save & Add Another to continue adding children or Save & View Child if you're finished adding children.
Add Family Members
Adding family members/guardians is not required, but it is recommended. Adding family members/guardians can help children reach play time goals in Ignite. Any family members/guardians you add will receive their own invitation to sign in, access the Ignite app, and view reports about their child.
Select + Add New Family Member to add additional family members/guardians to the child's account. Up to four family members or guardians can be added per each child account.
Add Child Photo
A photo must be added for the child to play, but it can be added at a later time or requested from the family member if needed.
- Select Choose File to upload a photo for the child.
- Select Add Photo to use the camera on your device to take the child's photo.
- You can request that family members/guardians add photos of children instead by checking the box Request photo from family member below Family Information.
Here's more information about adding photos.
Here's more information about requesting photos from parents.
Save Child Info
- To add additional children, select Save & Add Another.
- Select Done when you are finished.