Teachers and Administrators can now request child photos from family members when children are added or edited.
To request a photo of a child you are adding:
- Navigate to Roster and select Add a Child from the dropdown menu.
- Add child information and be sure to select the Request photo from parent checkbox before you click Save & Add Another or Done.
To request a photo of an existing child:
- Navigate to Roster and select View & Edit Children.
- Find the child in question and click Edit Info on the right.
- Select the Request photo from parent checkbox.
- Click Save to update the child's information.
If you are a teacher and have students who do not yet have a photo, you may see a popup prompting you to add photos so the children listed in the popup can play.
Children listed in the popup may have the following options to get the necessary photo:
- Take Photo
- Upload Photo
- Request Photo from Family member
- + Parent: This option means no parent is linked to the account. You can add a family member and then request the photo when adding the family member.
Once a photo is requested, that parent will receive an email requesting that they take or upload a photo of their child. Families will also see a prompt to take a photo if they log into Insights. A button will appear on their dashboard.
- The email will link them to the Photo Booth, where they can easily add a photo.
- If a parent submits a photo, the teacher will be emailed to review the photo and approve it for use in the classroom.
- Only after the teacher has approved the photo will the photo apply to the child's account and appear on child login screens.