Teachers and administrators can now request child photos from family members when children are added or edited.
Request a Photo of a Child You are Adding
- Navigate to ROSTER and select Add a Child from the drop-down menu.
- Add child information, and be sure to select the Request photo from family member checkbox before you click Continue.
- On the next page, you will enter the family member's name and email. They will receive an email requesting the photo.
Request a Photo of an Existing Child
- Navigate to ROSTER and select View & Edit Children.
- Find the child in question, and click Edit Info in the right column.
- Select the Request photo from family member checkbox.
- Click Save to update the child's information.
If you are a teacher and have students who do not yet have a photo, you may see a pop-up prompting you to add photos so the children listed in the pop-up can play.
Children listed in the pop-up may have the following options to get the necessary photo:
- Take Photo
- Upload Photo
- Request Photo from Parent
- + Parent: This option means no family member is linked to the account. You can add a family member and then request the photo when adding the family member.
Once a photo is requested, the child's family member will receive an email requesting that they take or upload a photo of their child. Families will also see a prompt to take a photo if they log into Hatch Insights™. A button will appear on their dashboard.
The email will link them to the Photo Booth, where they can easily add a photo.
If a family member submits a photo, the teacher will be emailed to review the photo and approve it for use in the classroom. Only after the teacher has approved the photo will the photo apply to the child's account and appear on child login screens.