Why Are Child Photographs Important?
Each child logging in to play Ignite by Hatch™ should have a photograph of themselves before play can begin.
An audio prompt will ask the child to "Touch your picture to play!" This interaction ensures Ignite is a child-directed platform that does not require a teacher or family members to be present for play to begin.
By selecting their photo, children tell us who they are, ensuring we can measure progress and present experiences that match each child's development level in the Ignite Learning Domains.
How are Photographs Added?
In this article, we cover one way to add photos in Ignite. But we STRONGLY recommend using Hatch Insights for a better experience. If you want to add photos in Hatch Insights please see: [Org Admins, School Admins, Teachers] Adding Child Photographs.
Adding Photos in the Ignite App
- When signed into Ignite, teachers can take child photos with the device's camera.
- From most Ignite screens, touch and hold the yellow gear in the top-right corner and then select the number words in sequential order (one, two, three, four). These actions will open the Teacher Dashboard.
- Upon entering the teacher dashboard, a red user icon indicates any children who do not yet have a photo (as shown in the following example).
- Tap the red icon to launch the device camera and take a photo.
- After a photo has been approved or added by an educator, the child is ready to play!