1. Device Setup Wizard
The first time you turn on your device, the Setup Wizard guides you through the basics of setting up your device. Follow the prompts to choose a default language, connect to a Wi-Fi network, set up accounts, choose location services, learn about your device's features, and more.
1.1 Language, New Device Setup, and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Select your language from the drop-down menu. Touch the yellow Start button to get started.
- If you have a SIM card and plan on using it to connect this device with a cellular network, you may insert it now. Otherwise, select Skip.
- The device is configured to receive automatic updates from Hatch. Touch Continue setup.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you want to use.
- Type the password for the selected Wi-Fi network using the on-screen keyboard.
- Touch Don't Copy to set as a new device.
1.2 Google Account Setup, Services, and Apps
Skip creating a Google account during setup. This account is not needed for the tablet and Ignite app to work. This ensures that you are not leaving personal information on a school-owned device.
- Skip creating or signing in with a Google account by touching Skip. Select Skip again on the following pop-up.
- Read the Google terms of service. Select Accept (defaults are recommended).
- Select Skip when prompted to set a PIN or protect your tablet. This enables children to play independently. On the following pop-up, click Skip anyway.
1.3 Ignite by Hatch™ Application Installation
- If the Manage Connection button is red, please touch it to open the Wi-Fi connection guide.
- Touch the Set My Default Home App button to set your home app, and select the Hatch option.
- To enable the child-safe environment, make sure to engage the lock icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Allow Automatic Updates
When you start using Ignite, you may notice a screen asking you to give Ignite install permissions. Follow the instructions on the screen to allow Ignite to automatically update. For more information, read Allowing Updates on Hatch™ (103) Tablets and Hatch™ Samsung Tablets.
3. Ignite Account Setup
For Ignite account setup, you'll need your email address and password. Check your inbox for an email sent from Hatch with the following subject line: "Welcome to Hatch! Let's Get Started!" For more information, see Ignite™ Welcome Email.
Click the button in the email to continue setup.
For more about account setup, see the following articles: