Note: This article is ONLY for Clever or Classlink customers that were Hatch™ customers prior to their integration.
Matching Data for Existing Hatch Customers
If your organization has existing schools, users, or children, when the organization administrator performs their first roster sync (and after the sync completes), they will be prompted to match their Clever/Classlink roster data to any existing Hatch schools, users, and children that cannot be automatically matched. The matching must be completed for all roster data to be imported.
Auto Versus Manual Matching
- Auto matching will occur when you first attempt to sync your data with Hatch. When all the data of a school, user, or child matches what already exists within Hatch, then Hatch will automatically connect these data points with no intervention needed.
- However, when the data of a school, user, or child does not match exactly, then you will be required to confirm a match for these data points or deactivate them. For example, if a child’s date of birth and last name match between the Clever/Classlink and Hatch data, but there is a different first name in both systems, they would not automatically be matched because we can't be sure they're the same person. So they will go into a list of unmatched data.
How to Match
- If matching is required, the organization administrator will be presented with lists of unmatched schools, users, and children .
- Suggestions will be presented where available, or the administrator can search for data in the roster sync data by name or ID.
- Any records left unmatched will be deactivated in Hatch Insights™.
To make this process easier, it is highly recommended that the integration happens at the beginning of the school year, or after Archive, when there are no records in the Hatch platform, or when records are manually changed in the Hatch platform to match the data from Clever/Classlink.