What do parents need to access Ignite?
- In order for family members to log into Ignite by Hatch, their account must be added by the child's teacher first.
- Families using Ignite will need a steady internet connection.
- Please also check the minimum device requirements in order to download and use Ignite.
Getting Started as an Ignite Family Member
- Once you are added to Hatch® Insights by your child(ren)’s Teacher, you will receive a welcome email from Hatch®.
- The welcome email will include a temporary password to log into your account, how to download the Ignite by Hatch™ app, and how to access reports in Hatch® Insights.
- From the welcome email, select the device option that applies to your device. You will be directed to the appropriate store to download the app.
- Follow the directions from the appropriate app store to download the app onto your device.
- Once the app is has been installed and opened, select the Ignite icon to launch it.
- Enter your email address and the temporary password (copied from the Welcome Email).
- You will then be prompted to create your own password:
- You will see a few animation screens, then you will be directed to your child's login page. This is where play can begin!
- Childen will touch their photo twice to log in and begin play. This helps to confirm the child's identity when two or more children belong to a family.
Family Members Can View Child Progress
- Once children have begun to play in school or at home, families can sign in to Hatch Insights and view reports about their children's progress.
- See our article about viewing child progress in family reports.
Child Photo Requests
- Ignite uses child photos to help children log in and play.
- We ask teachers to add a child photo to each child's account during setup. If the teacher thinks you might have a better photo opportunity, he/she may request a photo from you.
- If so, you will receive an invitation to add a photo of your child so your child can log in to play Ignite™.
- If so, log into Hatch® Insights at: https://insights.hatchearlychildhood.com and follow instructions to take a photo of your child.
- If you do not receive an invitation to add a photo of your child, your teacher may have added a photo already.
- You can upload a photo or take a photo with your device camera:
- Once your child has a photo, play time can begin!
Best of luck with your Ignite journey!