Why Do I Need to Match Children?
Once you have connected HatchSync® to GOLD®, Hatch Insights™ will automatically compare children set up in our system to children set up in Teaching Strategies GOLD®.
Whenever the first name, last name, and birth date of a child matches between the systems, we will automatically link those child accounts for document sending.
In some cases, the information may not match perfectly in spelling, or a child may be present in one system but not in the other. In this case, we need a little help from you to line up child accounts so that we can be sure documents are sending to the correct child.
Matching Children From the GOLD® Area
The fastest way to match children is to use our matching pages in the HatchSync area of Insights.
- Sign into Insights to view your dashboard.
- The tile in the lower-right corner of your dashboard displays the percentage of children in your organization that are matched already.
- Select the link on this tile to view your HatchSync Management screen.
Handling Language Mismatches
- If children in this class have language mismatches, you'll see them listed first.
- If the GOLD® Assessment language for a child does not match the instruction language in Ignite by Hatch™, some documents will not send.
- To adjust this setting on either side, select Edit Language to view the child profile and adjust either the Hatch language or GOLD® Assessed GOLD Literacy & Language Objectives. Note: This feature is coming soon.
- Select Done - Time to Match Children to GOLD when you are done or to skip this step.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of all the unmatched children in the class.
- The column on the left lists the child name and birth date in Insights.
- The column on the right will recommend some similar child names from GOLD®.
- Choose the correct child on the right to form the match.
- If you don't see the correct child among the recommendations, or if there are no recommendations, that child may need to be added or moved to your class on the GOLD® side.
- When you are done matching, select Match These Children (green button) at the bottom to move forward.
- Next, you will see a list of children whose data is present on the GOLD® side but not on the Hatch™ side.
- Select + Add to Hatch, the green button next to each child, to add the child's information to our system so the match can form. Hint: Use your GOLD® roster when you enter information to increase the chances of an automatic match.
Matching Children From Child Management Pages
- As your enrollment changes slightly during the year, you can keep an eye on child match status from the View All Children page.
- The HatchSync Status column shows a check mark for matched children and an X for unmatched children.
- You can match the child quickly by selecting Edit Info in the right-most column.
- You will see the child's profile. Near the bottom, the profile displays information about the child's HatchSync status, including their match status and a count of documents sent.
- The top row in this section is labeled Matched?
- Select the pencil icon that is part of this row to reveal options for matching that child.
- Then, select the button labeled Manual Match.
- A pop-up will allow you to match.
- You can form a manual match based on our recommendation.
- You can also form a match using that child's ID in Teaching Strategies.
- You can find that child's ID by signing into the Teaching Strategies site and pulling up their account record.
- Select the child you wish to match.
- Look in the URL bar at the top of your browser. You will see a set of numbers at the end of the URL. That number set is the child's ID.
- In the pop-up, choose your match from the GOLD® side, then save changes.