Here's a short video to help you navigate the Child Time & Progress Report.
How to Access the Child Time & Progress Export
The Child Time & Progress Export can be accessed by logging into Hatch Insights™ and selecting REPORTS > Child Time & Progress Export:
What's in the File?
Like the Play Log, the Child Time & Progress Export provides data about child activity within Ignite by Hatch™ in a spreadsheet format. We calculate playtime as all the time the child spends on Core Experiences, free play, and Guided Practice. For more information, check out this article about tracking time. However, the Child Time & Progress Export lists one row of data per child, while the Play Log lists one row of data per experience played.
- In the downloaded report, you’ll find information about the child’s class and school assignment, the child’s name, and their Hatch ID. All of these describe the one child to whom that single row belongs:
- Org_name: The child’s organization
- School_name: The child’s school
- Teacher_name: The teacher of the child’s class
- Class_name: The child’s class
- Child_name: The child's first and last name
- Child_ID: The child’s system ID
- The next few columns are devoted to showing playtime and progress for the given child.
- Next, you’ll see three columns about playtime:
- TotalPlaytimeSchoolYear: Time spent playing since August 1 in all areas.
- TotalPlaytimeAllDomain: This is the same number TotalPlaytimeSchoolYear. This number also reflects the current school year.
- TotalPlaytimeGivenDomains: Time spent playing given Domains. This field may be filtered by time or Domain using the drop-downs.
- AvgPlaytimeAllDomain: Average time spent playing all Domains over the current school year.
- AvgPlaytimeGivenDomains: Average time spent playing given domains. This field may be filtered by time or Domain using the drop-downs.
- You’ll then see columns about the child's amount of playtime in each Domain in your selected time format.
- The last set of columns represents all 38 Subdomains in Ignite, providing a Skill Level for the child in that row in that particular Subdomain for the filters selected. This Skill Level will update, for example, based on the time span selected.
Filtering the Data
For those who wish to see a narrowed slice of data, the export presents a set of filters (inside the Filtering Options toggle), similar to the Play Log, to examine data for a particular segment of children.
- Data will update to reflect the filters chosen:
- Time Range: Select to see data between two dates.
- School, Class, and Child: Select a certain person or group of people within your organization.
- Domain: See data in one of the seven skill Domains of Ignite or all Domains.
- Display Time As: Change how you prefer to see time aggregated.
- Demographic filters: Export data to reflect a particular demographic group:
- After filters have been chosen, select Download Report and save the file to your preferred folder. The resulting file will contain the name of your organization and the date of your download.
- Example: DetailedChildExport_Incandenza Early Childhood _2021-10-5