Organization Admin Guide for Activating HatchSync
Creating a new Admin in Teaching Strategies GOLD®
To activate HatchSync for your program, the first step is to create a new Admin user account in Teaching Strategies GOLD®. This Admin user account will be used by the automatic process to help sync documents between the two systems.
- Navigate to: https://my.teachingstrategies.com/
- Login with your Teaching Strategies Administrator account.
- Under the Quick Links heading, to the right, click the ‘Users’ button.
- In the top-left corner, click the ‘Add’ button.
- Fill in the user information as follows:
User Type - select “Administrator”
Admin Type - choose “Standard Administrator”
Organizations - place a check mark next to each site listed. Ensure that you click each triangle to expand the organization tree, so that all sites are selected. The screenshot below is an example, with the Hatch Organization, Piedmont School District, and Easton Elementary.
User Info, the program and site can be set to any, since this user account will already have access to all sites for the organization in step c, and will never need to actually login.
User Details, set the users first name to “Hatch” and the last name to “Sync”. Next, enter your own email address and phone number.
Security, set the Username to “HatchSync.OrganizationName”, or another abbreviation to help you remember the purpose of this account in the future.
“Team Member Access” this area can be skipped.
At the bottom of the page, enter in your Teaching Strategies GOLD password to confirm the user entry.
- In the bottom-right, click the “Save” button.
- Next, you will receive an email from Teaching Strategies instructing you to click a link to reset the password for the account. Follow the directions and set a password for the account. We suggest making this a complex password, as it will only be entered once.
- Once the username and password has been created for the Teaching Strategies Service account, you are now ready to add it to your HatchSync account