Archiving is the process by which you store school, class, child, and family data so that you have a clean slate for the new school year. We allow organizations the freedom to do this themselves and to customize their Archive. Organization Administrators can change their settings at any time before Archive happens.
- Log into Hatch Insights at insights.hatchearlylearning.com with your Organization Administrator credentials.
- Go to the Organization Settings page by hovering over Roster and then clicking Organizational Setting under the Settings header.
- On this page you'll see all of the settings for your organization and a section that says Archive Settings. If this is your first time editing your Archive Settings then on this page you'll see that your archive date is August 1st, this is the default date for Archive to happen. To change this date or other Archive settings click the Edit Archive button.
After clicking the button you'll be taken to your Archive Settings page. Here you will first be asked what type of Archive you'd like to choose.
Standard archive - this will archive all classes, children, and family members. Standard archive will archive inactive and active children.
Custom archive - this allows you to select specific classes or children to archive. For more info about Custom Archive see this article. Family members will be archived automatically with their children. Custom archive will not allow you to archive inactive children; to do this you must make them active first. How to activate children.
Opt-out - this will allow you to bring all of your last year's data into the new school year. No archive will happen. Note: Opting out can have some unintended consequences. For example, you may end up with more children than you have licenses for or your data will become skewed as new children join.
If you want to Opt-Out:
- Select opt-out in the dropdown labeled Archive Type
- Save your changes by clicking the Save Archive button.
Note: if you choose to opt-out then you will not select an archive time, just skip to the save button. You can always change this setting later if you’d like.
If you choose standard Archive:
- Select Standard Archive in the dropdown labeled Archive Type
- Next select an archive time in the dropdown labeled Archive Time. Here you can choose to Archive Tonight, Default Date, or Archive on Selected date (choosing this option will allow you to pick a specific future date).
- After choosing your Archive Time, make sure to click the Save Archive button.
If you want to customize your archive:
- Select Custom Archive in the dropdown labeled Archive Type
- Next select an archive time in the dropdown labeled Archive Time. Here you can choose to Archive Tonight, Default Date, or Archive on a Selected date (choosing this option will allow you to pick a specific future date).
- Then make selections for your custom archive. For more information see this article about Custom Archive.
- After making your selections, click the Save Archive button.
Note: Even after saving, Organization Administrators can change their settings again as many times as they’d like before the archive happens.