Archiving is the process by which you store school, class, child, and family data so that you have a clean slate for the new school year. We allow organizations the freedom to do this themselves and to customize their archive. Organization administrators can change their settings at any time before archive happens.
- Log into Hatch Insights™ at insights.hatchearlylearning.com with your organization administrator credentials.
- Go to the Organization Settings page by hovering over ROSTER and clicking Organizational Settings under the Settings header.
- On this page, you'll see all of the settings for your organization and a section titled Archive Settings. If this is your first time editing your archive settings, then on this page, you'll see that your archive date is August 1st; this is the default date for archive to happen. To change this date or other archive settings, click the Edit Archive button.
You'll be taken to your Archive Settings page. Here, you will first be asked what type of archive you'd like to choose:
Standard Archive. This will archive all classes, children (inactive and active), and family members.
Custom Archive. This allows you to select specific classes or children to archive. For more information about Custom Archive, check out this article. Family members will be archived automatically with their children. Custom archive will not allow you to archive inactive children; to do this, you must make them active first. Learn how to activate children.
Opt Out. This will allow you to bring all of your last year's data into the new school year. No archive will happen. Note: Opting out can have some unintended consequences. For example, you may end up with more children than you have licenses for, or your data may become skewed as new children join.
If You Want to Opt Out
- In the drop-down below Archive Type, select Opt Out.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save Archive button.
Note: If you choose to opt out, then you will not select an archive time—just skip to the save button. You can always change this setting later if you’d like.
If You Choose Standard Archive
- In the drop-down below Archive Type, select Standard Archive.
- Next, select an archive time in the drop-down labeled Archive Date. Here, you can choose Archive tonight, Archive on Default date, or Archive on a selected date (choosing this option will allow you to pick a specific future date).
- After choosing your archive time, make sure to click the Save Archive button.
If You Want to Customize Your Archive
- In the drop-down below Archive Type, select Custom Archive.
- Next, select an archive time in the drop-down labeled Archive Date. Here, you can choose to Archive tonight, Archive on Default date, or Archive on a selected date (choosing this option will allow you to pick a specific future date).
- Then, make selections for your custom archive. For more information, see this article.
- After making your selections, click the Save Archive button.
Note: Even after saving, organization administrators can change their settings again as many times as they’d like before the archive happens.