The Organization Settings page allows administrators to customize the rules for their organization's setup, management, and more. Only organization administrators have access to change these settings.
- Admins find the organization settings page by visiting Org Management > Organization Settings.
Roster Data Management
This setting displays the name of any rostering systems integrated with your organization to supply data via a regular sync. This setting is for informational purposes only and is not editable. Please call Hatch Support if you are interested in integrating Ignite™ with your rostering system.
Many organizations do not use such a roster sync. A setting of "None" is normal.
Child Photo Management
In order to play and learn from Ignite by Hatch™, each child must have a photo or image to represent them in the Ignite app. Learn more about providing photos here.
Automatic Generation of Placeholder Photographs
Because taking real photos requires time and communication, Organization Settings can now auto-generate a placeholder image to serve in place of the real child photo until an actual photo of the child can be provided.
- If the toggle is turned on, children who do not yet have photos will be provided an image showing their first name and last initial.
- Please allow 24 hours for the photos to apply after turning on this setting.
- Below is an example auto-generated image.
Hatch recommends replacing the placeholder photo with a real image as soon as an image of the child's face can be taken or uploaded. This provides a better user experience when children sign themselves in independently. Children will be asked to touch their picture to begin play.
Teacher Approval of Family-Submitted Photographs
Teachers and administrators have the option of requesting a real photograph of each child from the family member if the child is not available to photograph. (See the following image.)
By default, these photos will be applied as soon as the family member provides them, and children will be able to see their new photo when they begin to play. If you wish teachers to review and approve photographs before they can be applied, toggle this setting on.
Automatic Photo Requests for Family Members
- When this toggle is switched on, family members in the system will be sent an email requesting that a photograph be applied to their child or children.
- This email will be sent to family members in two cases:
- Within 24 hours, the photo invitation will be sent to all existing family members who have not received the same invitation before.
- The photo invitation will also be sent to new family members when they are added for as long as the toggle remains on.
Saving Changes to Organization Settings
Remember to save any changes to Organization Settings in order to apply them.