- The Organization Settings Page allows administrators to customize the rules for their organization's setup, management, and more.
- Only Organization Administrators have access to change these settings.
- Admins find the Organization Settings page by visiting Org Management > Organization Settings.
Roster Data Management
- This setting displays the name of any rostering systems integrated with your organization to supply data via a regular sync. This setting is for informational purposes only, and is not editable. Please call Hatch Support if you are interested in integrating Ignite with your rostering system.
- Many organizations do not use such a roster sync. A setting of "None" is normal.
Child Photo Management
In order to play and learn from Ignite by Hatch, each child must have a photo or image to represent them in the Ignite app. Learn more about providing photos here.
Automatic Generation of Placeholder Photographs
- Because taking real photos requires time and communication, Organization Settings can now auto-generate a placeholder image to serve in place of the real child photo until an actual photo of the child can be provided.
- If the toggle is turned on, children who do not yet have photos will be provided an image showing their first name and last initial.
- Please allow 24 hours for the photos to apply after turning on this setting.
- Below is an example auto-generated image.
- Hatch recommends replacing the placeholder photo with a real image as soon as an image of the child's face can be taken or uploaded. This provides a better user experience when children sign themselves in independently. Children will be asked to "touch their picture" to begin play.
Teacher Approval of Family Submitted Photographs
- Teachers and Administrators have the option of requesting a real photograph of each child from the family member if the child is not available to photograph. (see below)
- By default, these photos will be applied as soon as the family member provides them, and children will be able to see their new photo when they begin to play.
- If you wish teachers to review and approve photographs before they can be applied, toggle this setting on.
Automatic Photo Requests for Family Members
- When this toggle is switched on, family members in the system will be sent an email requesting that a photograph be applied to their child or children.
- This email will be sent to family members in two cases:
- Within 24 hours, the photo invitation will be sent to all existing family members who have not received the same invitation before.
- It will also be sent to new family members when they are added for as long as the toggle remains on.
Saving Changes to Organization Settings
- Remember to save any changes to Organization Settings in order to apply them.