The Organization Settings page allows administrators to customize the rules for their organization's setup, management, and more. Only organization administrators have access to change these settings.
- Admins find the organization settings page by visiting Roster > Organization Settings.
Roster Data Management
The first item you'll find under this section is a quick view of your seats in use and seats purchased for each Hatch product. Seats in use indicate active children with an assigned educational journey.
This setting displays the name of any rostering systems integrated with your organization to supply data via a regular sync. This setting is for informational purposes only and is not editable. Please call Hatch Support if you are interested in integrating Ignite™ with your rostering system.
Many organizations do not use such a roster sync. A setting of "None" is normal.
Restrict Teachers From Adding Classes
When this toggle is switched on, teachers in your organization will not be able to add or edit classes.
Teachers Can Belong to More Schools
When this toggle is switched on, you will be able to add teachers to additional schools if needed.
This section will display your scheduled archive date and a countdown to that date. To learn more about archive, see the following articles:
- [Org Admins] Edit Your Archive Settings
- Archive FAQ
- End-of-Year Archive and Reset (Updated for 2023)
Child Photo Management
In order to play and learn from Hatch, each child must have a photo or image to represent them in the Ignite app or on IgniteTable. Learn more about providing photos here.
Automatic Generation of Placeholder Photographs
Because taking real photos requires time and communication, Organization Settings can now auto-generate a placeholder image to serve in place of the real child photo until an actual photo of the child can be provided.
- If the toggle is turned on, children who do not yet have photos will be provided an image showing their first name and last initial.
- Please allow 24 hours for the photos to apply after turning on this setting.
- Below is an example auto-generated image.
Hatch recommends replacing the placeholder photo with a real image as soon as an image of the child's face can be taken or uploaded. This provides a better user experience when children sign themselves in independently. Children will be asked to touch their picture to begin play.
Teacher Approval of Family-Submitted Photographs
Teachers and administrators have the option of requesting a real photograph of each child from the family member if the child is not available to photograph. (See the following image.)
By default, these photos will be applied as soon as the family member provides them, and children will be able to see their new photo when they begin to play. If you wish teachers to review and approve photographs before they can be applied, toggle this setting on.
Automatic Photo Requests for Family Members
- When this toggle is switched on, family members in the system will be sent an email requesting that a photograph be applied to their child or children.
- This email will be sent to family members in two cases:
- Within 24 hours, the photo invitation will be sent to all existing family members who have not received the same invitation before.
- The photo invitation will also be sent to new family members when they are added for as long as the toggle remains on.
Ignite Play Experience
In this section, you'll find settings that will edit how your program uses Ignite.
Entry Experiences are a set of 38 experiences that children play when they start Ignite to set a baseline for their growth in particular skills. For more information, see this article: What Are Entry Experiences?
With this setting, you can disable Entry Experiences so children will not play them. If this setting is toggled off, children will skip Entry Experiences, and, instead, they will start playing our Core Experiences in Ignite.
Saving Changes to Organization Settings
Remember to save any changes to Organization Settings in order to apply them.