Hatch Insights™ is a powerful tool for understanding and interpreting child progress data. If you prefer to use Insights in a language other than its default setting, all you have to do is change your browser language. This guide will walk you through changing your browser language settings so you can access Insights in your preferred language.
Changing Google Chrome Browser Language
1. Open Google Chrome. Launch Google Chrome on your computer.
2. Access Chrome settings. Click on the three dots in the top-right corner to open the menu. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Go to language settings. On the Settings page, select Languages, found in the menu on the left-hand side.
4. Add preferred language. Click Add languages to add your preferred language to the list. Select the language you want to use for Insights.
5. Enable Google Translate. Below the list of languages, you'll see an option that says, "When on, Google Translate will offer to translate sites into your preferred language. It can also automatically translate sites." Toggle this switch to ON. Use the drop-down to choose which language to translate sites into. Here are additional settings in this section:
- "Automatically translate these languages": Add languages here to ensure they're automatically translated into the language you have specified.
- "Never offer to translate these languages": When accessing sites written in the languages listed here, you will not be shown the Google Translate pop-up.
Accessing Translated Content on Insights
1. Visit Hatch Insights. Open a new tab or window in Google Chrome. Type the Insights website address (insights.hatchearlylearning.com) in the address bar and press Enter.
2. Explore content in your language. Once on the Insights website, you will see a pop-up at the right side of the address bar. Use this to translate the page into your selected language.
By following these steps, you can customize your Google Chrome browser language settings and access Insights in your desired language. If the steps or wording differ slightly based on your version of Chrome , please explore the options available in the language settings of your Chrome browser. For more information about editing your Google Chrome language and using Google Translate, please see Change Chrome languages & translate webpages.