What Is the Play Log?
The Hatch Insights™ Play Log export allows teachers and administrators to review Ignite by Hatch™ play and progress events in a CSV format.
- In the Play Log, one row describes each play experience by each child in detail.
- Administrators and teachers can find the Play Log by visiting REPORTS > Exports > Play Log.
- You'll see a brief summary of what's included.
- Select the gray bar labeled Filtering Options to unfold ways to filter your export.
How Can I Filter the Play Log?
No filtering is required, but you can filter using the following options if you wish.
- Time Range: Choose a start and end date for the data using a calendar date picker. Select any time period that has play data for active children. Archived data does not appear in the Play Log.
- School: Limit data to one or more schools.
- Org administrators can select schools in their organization.
- School administrators can select schools they manage.
- Teachers will see the school or schools to which their classes belong.
- Class: Limit data to specific classes you manage. Only classes within selected schools will appear.
Child: Limit data to specific children. Only children within selected classes and schools will appear.
Experience Type: Teachers and administrators can choose between the four types of experiences (Core Skills, Guided Practice, Entry Experiences, or Free Play) and see events for each specific type.
- Core Skills: The primary experiences of Ignite through which children progress.
- Entry Experiences: Shorter, "checkup" experiences that measure a child's skill level at the beginning of the school year. These do not impact skill progress.
- Guided Practice: Practice experiences delivered to support children that show a need for support in a particular subdomain.
- Free Play: If a child completes all experiences in Ignite, the child may replay the core experiences for fun. These experiences are not scored and are called Free Play.
Domain: Filter the export to see only experiences that belong to certain Learning Domains of the Seven Domains in Ignite.
Display Time As: This toggle allows administrators and teachers to choose to display the child playtime for each session in either seconds, minutes, or hours. The time will be displayed as a decimal.
Age: This filter enables teachers and administrators to choose to see data for children within the specified age range.
Grade: This filter enables teachers and administrators to see data for children within a specific grade based on the grade specified in each child's profile. Keeping the toggle set to ALL will include data for children without an entry in this field.
Language: Filter to see data for experiences played in only English or Spanish. By default, play in all languages is included.
Race: Filter data to experiences played by children of a specific race. By default, race is set to ALL.
Ethnicity: Filter data to experiences played by children of a specific ethnicity. By default, ethnicity is set to ALL.
HatchSync®: This option only appears for organizations that use HatchSync to send documents to Teaching Strategies GOLD®. The toggle has three settings:
- None: The export will not include HatchSync info.
- Count: The export will include a count of documents sent.
- Detailed: The export will include:
- a count of documents sent
- the date sent
- objectives and dimensions associated with the document
- the level assigned (if applicable)
- any notes/descriptions included
What's Included in the Play Log Export File?
As mentioned, each row in the Play Log describes a single child experience (game) as played by one child in Ignite.
- The Play Log lists the school and class to which that child belongs so that data can be filtered.
- The first and last name of the child playing is included.
- The name of the experience itself and the experience type are included. See above for a description of the experience type.
- The Domain and Subdomain (skill labels) for the experience are included.
- A description of the skill experience is included.
- The skill level (1–8) is included. This number matches the skill bars in the Child Skill Details report.
- The date and time the experience was played are included as well as the duration of the experience. This duration will be displayed in your chosen format.
- The percent correct is listed.
- A count of HatchSync documents sent is listed if HatchSync options are enabled.
- Please note that only Core Ignite experiences send documents.
- As described above, if the Detailed view of HatchSync documents is selected, the date, objectives/dimensions, level, and notes will be included as columns in the file.