Carryover is a feature available for teachers and administrators to easily re-add returning children to Hatch Insights™ after an archive. Any children that are carried over from the previous year will retain all their progress within Ignite by Hatch™, profile settings, their photo, and, if applicable, any HatchSync® document counts from progress sent to Teaching Strategies GOLD®.
The following instructions are designed for those using the Bulk Carryover method. If you’d like the instructions for Simple Carryover, click here.
- Navigate to Hatch Insights and log in with your admin credentials.
- For Bulk Carryover, you will need to create all of your new year’s classes first. To create a class, select ROSTER from the top menu and then select Add New Class.
- Complete the information to create the classroom, and select Create Class to save settings.
- To begin Bulk Carryover, select ROSTER and then select Carryover Last Year’s Children.
- Here, you will see two options for carryover: Simple or Bulk. Simple is recommended if you’re only responsible for a couple of classes or if you need to carry over a relatively small number of children. Bulk Carryover is recommended if you need to update multiple classes or if you have a lot of children to carry over.
- Under Bulk Edit CSV, click Continue. You’ll see a screen with instructions on how to carry over using a CSV file.
- First, click the plus sign next to GUIDELINES in the gray bar. Here, you’ll see the required formatting for the CSV file. Start by downloading last year’s data. Using this data, you can edit the spreadsheet by removing any children that you do not wish to carry over, or you can create a separate spreadsheet with all the children you’d like to carry over to the new year. The spreadsheet should include their Child ID, first name, last name, their previous classroom, their previous teacher’s name, their school name, and the name of the new classroom you want to put them in. Once you’ve created your spreadsheet, save it as a CSV file and upload it to Insights.