Carryover is a feature available for teachers and administrators to easily re-add returning children to Hatch Insights™ after an archive. Any children that are carried over from the previous year will retain all their progress within Ignite, profile settings, their photo, and, if applicable, any HatchSync® document counts from progress sent to Teaching Strategies GOLD®.
Carryover is only for children who have been archived. If a child, class, or school has been deactivated then you should reactivate them to let them play again.
The following instructions are designed for those using the Simple Carryover method. If you’d like the instructions for Bulk Carryover, click here.
Note: the screenshots in the article represent a teacher account, but the process is the same for all roles.
- Navigate to Hatch Insights and log in with your email and password.
- We recommend creating your new year’s class (or classes) before attempting carryover. However, with Simple Carryover, we do give you the option to add your class during the process. For information on how to add a class, see this article.
- Navigate to carryover by hovering over ROSTER in the top menu and then select Carryover Last Year's Children.
- Here, you will see two options for carryover: Simple or Bulk.
- Simple is recommended if you’re only responsible for a couple of classes or if you need to carry over a relatively small number of children.
- Bulk Carryover is recommended if you need to update multiple classes or if you have a lot of children to carry over.
- In this article, we’ll discuss Simple Carryover. Your first step will be to select the schools you’d like to carry over children from and the class to which you need to add children.
- Educators can only select schools that they are currently a part of and they will only be able to carry over the archived children from those selected schools.
- Note: You must select one or more schools in the drop-down before you can select a class and continue.
- After selecting these options, you will see a list of the archived children from the schools selected.
- You will see their full names, the class they were in when they were archived, and the school they were in when they were archived.
- You will also see their date of birth and their educational journey which is the Hatch product they have a seat in.
- Below this, you will see the current roster for the class you selected in Step One.
- If no children have been added or carried over to your class yet, then the roster should be blank.
- You will also see a section for the new children you will be adding in this carryover session.
- On this page, you should start by searching and checking the boxes next to the name of the child you’d like to carry over into your current class.
- Once you have added all the children you need to carry over to this class, click Save Roster. After you save your roster, you’ll be able to continue carryover with another class or finish the carryover session.
Currently, carryover is a one-time process, if you need to carry over children more than once, please reach out to our support team.