Why Are Child Photographs Important?
- Each child logging in to play Ignite should have a photograph of him/herself before play can begin:
- An audio prompt will ask the child to "Touch your picture to play!" This interaction ensures Ignite is a child-directed platform that does not require a teacher or family members be present for play to begin.
- By selecting their photo, children tell us who they are, ensuring we can measure progress and present experiences that match with each child's development level in the Ignite Domains.
How Are Photographs Added?
The Photo Popup (Teachers Only), which is useful for Bulk Rostering
- Since adding a real photograph is done at the child level, teachers usually add each child's photo.
- For this reason, Insights will automatically present a popup that provides options enabling teachers to add or request a photograph for each child.
- This popup is especially helpful if children have been added via 'Bulk Import', such as a CSV import or a roster sync, which provides all child data, EXCEPT the photograph.
- It is recommended that Admins who complete these imports ask their teachers to sign in and check this popup to provide real photographs for each child.
- Any time a teacher signs into Insights, our system checks for children who still need a photo, and the below popup will appear.
- Each child without a photo will be listed in the popup, along with options for the teacher to take a photo using the system camera or upload a photo.
- If a family member account has been added along with the child's info, the teacher will have the option to request a photograph from the child's family member with a single click:
- The family member will receive an email to upload and photo to Ignite. Once the photo is uploaded the Teacher will receive an email informing them that it has been uploaded.
- When a family member/guardian submits a photo, the teacher will be prompted with a similar automatic popup to review. From here, teachers can approve the photo or request a retake:
Adding Photos by Adding and Editing Children in Web Forms (Admins or Teachers):
- For educators who manage children through the use of our Web Forms, the form presents an easy way to take a photo or upload a photo file for any individual child.
- If you are adding children using our forms, you will see the option to add a photo on each child's profile.
- If a teacher has no children set-up in the class yet, the following form appears during a teacher's setup flow:
- If admins or teachers wish to add photos to children who have already been added in the system, they can do so any time by editing the children.
- To edit children, log into Insights and navigate to your MANAGEMENT menu (this option is available to administrators and teachers).
- Select VIEW ALL CHILDREN.
- Select to Edit a child in the right column.
- From here, you will either see the current child photo, or you will have the ability to add a photo.
- Select the camera to take a photo with a system camera, or select Choose File to upload a photo:
- Teachers and admins can also request a photo from the family member via this form.
- To request a photo from the Add or Edit Child form, select the Request Photo from Parent checkbox, then select SAVE or DONE. This will trigger an email to the family member requesting a photo. To learn more about requesting photos from families, see our help article.
Adding Photos in the Ignite App
- When signed into Ignite, teachers can take child photos with a device camera.
- From most Ignite screens, touch and hold the yellow gear in the top-right corner and then select the number words in sequential order (one, two, three, four). These actions will open the Teacher Dashboard:
- Upon entering the teacher dashboard, a red user icon indicates any children who do not yet have a photo (as shown in the first example below):
- Tap the red icon to launch the device camera and take a photo:
- After a photo has been approved or added by an educator, the child is ready to play!