Within Hatch Insights™, organizational admins can create schools, school admins, teachers, classes, children, and families through a simple import option. If your organization uses ChildPlus, click here.
Steps to Importing Information
1. Navigate to Hatch Insights and log in as an organization admin.
2. Click ROSTER, and select Roster CSV from the drop-down menu.
3. Importing should be completed in the order seen: Schools, School Admins, Teachers & Classes, Children & Families. Select the option for Detailed Guidelines to see detailed guidelines regarding each import type.
4. Select the Download Template button to download the spreadsheet to be completed for each set of data (schools, school admins, teachers and classes, children, and families). This will automatically download the template to the user’s downloads folder.
5. Complete the spreadsheet according to the headers. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required. After populating the template, be sure to remove the sample data. Save the file.
6. Return to the Import screen and either drag and drop the completed CSV file or select the Choose a File button. The upload will begin immediately after you submit the file.
6. After the import, you will be taken to the Import History page. If errors are found, you will see the information that needs to be updated in a table like the one below.
7. You will also see which user groups had additions or updates.
Things to Remember When Importing Information
- An Import History screen may appear when importing. On the right side of the screen, the immediate status of the import in progress will be displayed along with the time estimate for the completion of the import.
- If your estimated wait time is long, you can leave the website and return to check by visiting ROSTER > Import History.
- You will receive an email when your import is complete or if your import has an error.
- If your import has an error, view your Import History page, where formatting issues will be displayed on the screen. Check the row mentioned on the screen, correct the data, and upload again from this page.