Exiting the Ignite Application
- In order to exit the Ignite application, an adult must visit the "grown up" Dashboard by touching the yellow gear in the top-right of the screen, then touching the numbers in order.
- Then touch Exit Hatch to close Ignite.
- If you are using a mobile device, you may be able to use other common methods for closing applications, such as tapping the home button twice, then swiping up on the Ignite application on an iPad or iPhone.
- If you exit Ignite during a child's play experience, progress for that experience will not be scored or saved, and the child will have another chance to play it.
How can children end their play session?
- Children are not always offered an obvious method of ending their play session. Our research has found that if an exit button is always available on the screen, children will often touch it accidentally as they explore the screen, which can lead to frustration.
- For this reason, we offer children the chance to end their session after they have completed a set of 3 experiences.
- Ignite shows the number of experiences in the set that the child has completed in the number of filled stars in the bar in the top-left of the screen during play.
- This child has completed 2 experiences.
- After children have finished playing a set of 3 experiences, they have a chance to change their avatar, then they will return to the Tree House.
- At the Tree House, children can press the STOP sign icon on the lower-left side of the screen to end their Ignite play session.
- Pressing STOP will log the child out and return Ignite to the child login screen.
- If a child wishes to stop playing in the middle of an experience, that's OK! If the child abandons the device in the middle of a play session, the experience will "time out," and the play session will end naturally without scoring the child for that experience.