In this article, we will discuss how to edit a child's information in the Ignite™ app. If you're looking for information about how to edit children in Hatch Insights™, please see the following articles:
- How to Manage Existing Children and Families in Hatch Insights™
- How Do I Edit or Remove a Child in Hatch Insights™?
Edit a Child
- After starting the Ignite app, tap the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and then tap the numbers in ascending order.
- Once you're in the Teacher Area, tap the second cloud button labeled Manage Children (Add/Edit).
- Here, you'll find many options to manage your classroom. To edit a child's information, tap the cloud button labeled Edit Child Info.
- On this page, you'll see all the children for the selected class listed and a button to add a new child. Tap the image of the child that you'd like to edit.
- Here, you can edit the child's information or their photo. If you want to add demographic information or family members, then you will need to use Hatch Insights. (You can click View in Insights to make these additional changes, but we recommend using a computer.)
- Note: A child's grade level will determine the skill levels they play in Ignite. Kindergartens will start playing at skill level 3 while other grade levels start at skill level 1. For more information please see: Ignite™ Placement for Kindergarten Children
- After you've edited the information, remember to click Save and Exit.