WePlaySmart® by Hatch
WePlaySmart®is a state-of-the-art multi-touch table that provides a cooperative, interactive learning environment for small groups of children. Through the delivery of hundreds of games, children have opportunities to develop a variety of important social and emotional learning skills, while also building essential cognitive abilities.
WePlaySmart helps teachers monitor social and emotional learning development over the course of a school year, capturing authentic video clips of strategic play moments as children work together! The WePlaySmart teacher area provides intuitive assessment tools and reporting that shows the progress of each child.
Important facts about WePlaySmart
- Based on the most current, relevant research and learning standards.
- Presents a range of difficulty scaffolds within the games.
- Automatic game selection for each group of children to ensure they practice all skills during each timeframe.
- Children move through all skills in a way that promotes understanding, supports success, and emphasizes cooperative problem-solving.
- Integrates smoothly to support current classroom curricula.
- Encourages cooperative play rather than parallel play by sparking and modeling interaction with peers.
- Built-in video recording captures authentic interaction and enables teachers to monitor social-emotional progress year-round.
- Supports a 21st-century classroom by bringing children to technology informed by software design principles tailored for young learners.
- Multi-touch technology allows a more natural and intuitive interaction experience.
- Integrates into every classroom as a learning center to fit your classroom’s daily routine.
WePlaySmart develops social and emotional learning skills, such as self-management, responsible decision-making, and social awareness. The WePlaySmart games are accessible by way of four designated play positions, ensuring engagement for each child. As children work together, solving problems, taking turns, supporting their peers, and following instructions, they are collaborating as a team!
Child Photo Login
The WePlaySmart table is equipped with our patented Hatch Authentic Photo Login, which enables real-time, relevant progress monitoring for each child. Our login ensures accuracy every time children login to play!
WePlaySmart is the only multi-touch table that promotes social and emotional learning that are essential to continual academic success!
High-definition Video Recordings
WePlaySmart features a powerful tool that captures and documents children’s progress in an authentic and inclusive environment. The built-in, 180° fisheye, video lens provides automated progress monitoring and records children’s interactions as they play. The videos represent a data source that illustrates growth over time.
- HD, intelligent video recordings captured throughout each play session
- Easy to navigate teacher portal through which video clips and recordings are accessed
- Pre-loaded software includes over 275 games!
- Four designated gameplay stations!
- Capacitive touch screen with shatterproof glass!
- Just-in-time instructions that enable children to initiate play without teacher facilitation!
Packed with Games!
WePlaySmart offers a year’s worth of engaging activities! In addition to nonstop social and emotional learning, WePlaySmart promotes cognitive skill development in a language-rich environment.
Research says – It works!
In a research study, preschoolers exhibited better cooperation and collaboration skills after engaging with the WePlaySmart games in small groups.
WePlaySmart activities are based on scientific research and align with national and state standards:
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework
- Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)
- Individual state early learning standards
What teachers say about WePlaySmart:
“The children absolutely LOVE the table! They are working on social and emotional skills without even realizing it. It is so neat to see the children working together to achieve common goals while I observe their problem-solving skills in action!”
— Emily Tacquard, M.Ed., Pre-K II Master Teacher, Early Childhood Lab, Stephen F. Austin State University
How to Use WePlaySmart by Hatch
Just as you model everything else in your classroom, show your students how to use the WePlaySmart by Hatch Solution. In addition to modeling appropriate use of the table, talk with your students about expectations and guidelines for collaborative gameplay.
WePlaySmart by Hatch Playtime
We recommend 20-30 minutes of play time per child, per week, although the system does not have a “technical” time limit. When using any technology in the classroom, it’s best to provide a balance and adhere to the accrediting state and/or county guidelines that your school follows. WePlaySmart by Hatch is intended to encourage collaboration; we strongly recommend that 2 to 4 children play at the table at one time. The goal is to promote social-emotional school-readiness skills through interaction with games that provide cognitive skill exposure. 1 to 4 children can play in the Free Play Music area [easily accessed from the Main Menu (Shift + Ctrl + T)]. If only 1 child logs in, Free Play Music loads automatically. Exit Freeplay Music using the Main Menu.
Professional Development is available virtually and onsite. For more information, please visit the Hatch Early Learning website: https://www.hatchearlylearning.com/customer-support/product-training
WePlaySmart is designed to be an intuitive, interactive learning tool in the classroom. It is built to withstand the rigors of an early childhood classroom. Specifications can be found in this article: WePlaySmart® Specifications. Please note, a wireless internet connection is required to use WePlaySmart.