Gather This Information:
- Wi-Fi network name and your Wi-Fi password.
- Class roster, including the names and birth dates of the children in your class.
- Press the power button once to power on. Wait for a few moments.
- The WePlaySmart software will open automatically to the introduction screen.
Use the Main Menu
- To connect to Wi-Fi, you will need to exit the software briefly.
- To access the Main Menu, press and hold two fingers in the blue triangle (the Login Corner), until the numbered buttons appear.
- Press the numbers in order and the Main Menu will appear.
Exit to the Desktop and Connect to Wi-Fi
- Press Exit WePlaySmart in the Main Menu and the WPS desktop will appear.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, you will find the Wi-Fi icon.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon, then select your network name.
- Press Connect and enter your password.
- Once you have connected, double-tap the WePlaySmart icon (towards the center of the desktop) to reopen the games.
Create Your Class(es)
- As the games reopen, a prompt will ask you to add a classroom.
- Use the Login Corner to enter the Main Menu.
- Press the button labeled Teacher Area.
- A popup will ask you to name your classroom.
- Type your classroom name, then select Submit.
- You should see an “X” in the box near the words “Set as Active Classroom.”
- To add more classes (up to 4), use the Teacher Area drop-down menu, select Administration, and when prompted, enter the password: h@tch
Add Children and Play!
- Press the Add Child button on the Overview.
- An Add Child window will open.
- Enter child details and take a photo using the built-in camera located on the outer edge of the corner that is near the power button.
- Remember to select Submit to save your changes.
- A maximum of 32 children can be added to each classroom.
- If you wish to enter details when children are not present, take a “placeholder” photo, then return later to add a real photo by selecting the child’s name.
- When you have finished adding children, press the red “X” in the top-right corner. Then press Close Menu to begin playing the games with your new Classroom.
Classroom Technology Tips
- Invite four children to play at once.
- Encourage children to work together, listening and interacting with one another.
- Adjust the volume on the table using either the Main Menu or the keyboard.
- Clean the table surface using the cleaning kit.
- Avoid resting objects on the screen.
- A headset is provided for reviewing videos quietly.
See Child Videos and Reports!
- To view your WePlaySmart videos, visit the Teacher Area often and use the key to rate and review each video.
The Hatch Hub
Did you know that the Hatch Hub website offers Hatch educators free:
- Online product courses
- Webinar-style product training
- Classroom activities
- Teacher discussions
- And much more!!!!
Visit and simply log in with your Hatch account.