Gather This Information:
- Wi-Fi network name and your Wi-Fi password
- Class roster, including the names and birth dates of the children in your class
- Press the power button once to power on. Wait for a few moments.
- The WePlaySmart® software will open automatically to the introduction screen.
Use the Main Menu
- To connect to Wi-Fi, you will need to exit the software briefly.
- To access the Main Menu, press and hold two fingers in the blue triangle (the login corner) until the numbered buttons appear.
- Press the numbers in sequential order, and the Main Menu will appear.
Exit to the Desktop and Connect to Wi-Fi
- Press Exit WePlaySmart in the Main Menu, and the WPS desktop will appear.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, you will find the Wi-Fi icon.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon, then select your network name.
- Press Connect, and enter your password.
- Once you have connected, double-tap the WePlaySmart® icon (towards the center of the desktop) to reopen the games.
Create Your Class(es)
- As the games reopen, a prompt will ask you to add a classroom.
- Use the Login Corner to enter the Main Menu.
- Press the button labeled Teacher Area.
- A pop-up will ask you to name your classroom.
- Type your classroom name, then select Submit.
- You should see an X in the box near the words “Set as Active Classroom.”
- To add more classes (up to four), navigate to the Teacher Area drop-down menu, select Administration, and, when prompted, enter the password: h@tch.
Add Children and Play!
- Press the Add Child button on the overview.
- An "Add Child" window will open.
- Enter child details, and take a photo using the built-in camera located on the outer edge of the corner that is near the power button.
- Remember to select Submit to save your changes.
- A maximum of 32 children can be added to each classroom.
- If you wish to enter details when children are not present, take a placeholder photo, then return later to add a real photo by selecting the child’s name.
- When you have finished adding children, press the red X in the top-right corner. Then, press Close Menu to begin playing the games with your new classroom.
Classroom Technology Tips
- Invite four children to play at once.
- Encourage children to work together, listening and interacting with one another.
- Adjust the volume on the table using either the Main Menu or the keyboard.
- Clean the table surface using the cleaning kit.
- Avoid resting objects on the screen.
- A headset is provided for reviewing videos quietly.
See Child Videos and Reports!
- To view your WePlaySmart® videos, visit the Teacher Area often, and use the key to rate and review each video.
The Hatch Hub™
Did you know that the Hatch Hub™ website offers Hatch™ educators the following free features?
- Online product courses
- Webinar-style product training
- Classroom activities
- Teacher discussions
- And much more!
Visit and simply log in with your Hatch™ account.