Launching the Teaching Guide
Power on Your Device
- If you have an Interactive Display, power on the "cut" switch on the side (shown "on" in the image below) of the NUC computer behind the display. The button will glow blue when the NUC is powered on.
- If you have an Interactive Whiteboard, power on your computer unit (see image above), then power on the projector with the included remote or use the Standby / On button on your projector.
- If the display is dark while the NUC button is blue, press the round power button on the right edge of the display itself.
Connect to Wi-Fi (If You Are Not Yet Internet-Connected)
- When you see the Windows desktop, click the Wi-Fi icon or plug in your Ethernet cable.
Open the Teaching Guide
- Find the Teaching Guide shortcut icon on your desktop and double-click it to launch the Teaching Guide, which enables you to navigate and open the activities available by way of TeachSmart®.
Using the Teaching Guide
#1: Find Activities by Category
- The easiest way to find activities is from the Skill Category tiles found on the Home Page. Click a Skill Category tile to open the activities that align with that category.
#2: Narrow Down Further or Choose an Activity Tile
- After you select a Skill Category (such as Literacy), all of the activities in that category will appear (in the center).
- You can further narrow your search by selecting from the skill icons that populate within the left-hand margin (such as Alphabet Knowledge or Language).
- Select the green PLAY NOW button to launch any activity.
#3: Browse by Standard
- Selecting Standards in the blue menu bar (near the top of the Home Page) enables you to search for activities based on a variety of standards.
- Select the tile that represents your center’s needs and requirements.
- You will see a new set of tiles representing the standard you have selected.
- Choose the category to begin browsing.
Find Activities by Language
- Activities are available in English and Spanish.
- Note that once you have begun browsing, you have the option to filter or search by language.
The Hatch Hub™
The Hatch Hub™ website offers Hatch™ educators free
- online product courses,
- webinar-style product trainings,
- classroom activities,
- teacher discussions,
- and much more!
Visit the website, and simply log in with your Hatch account.