The Game Book found in your Key Foundations by Hatch™ curriculum kit offers interactive small-group games to enhance and extend the lessons for the entire class.
Featuring 45 games, the Game Book utilize the cue cards and picture cards in engaging small-group or individual settings, providing responsive instruction tailored to the specific skills students need to develop.
The Game Book is organized into two sections:
1. Oral Language Games Section (first section):
- Includes 16 games focusing on oral language development.
- Targets vocabulary and background knowledge, describing, comparing, and categorizing.
- Games within each skill category progressively increase in difficulty, facilitating developmental progression.
- Modifications are included for both additional support and an increased challenge, accommodating diverse learning needs.
2. Phonological and Phonemic Awareness Games Section (second section):
- Encompasses 28 games designed to enhance skills in syllables, rhyming, blending, segmenting, initial sounds, final sounds, and long and short vowel sounds.
- Like the oral language section, games in each skill category follow a developmental progression from simpler to more complex.
- Modifications are integrated to cater to diverse learning needs, allowing for differentiated instruction.
This structured approach ensures that students can engage in a variety of activities that match their developmental stage, with the flexibility to adapt each game based on individual learning requirements.