Explore early literacy with Key Foundations by Hatch™, tailored for pre-K and kindergarten. This program combines print-based learning with Hatch's interactive Ignite by Hatch™ platform. It offers structured lessons and games, fostering essential reading and writing skills. The activities are engaging, stimulating critical thinking, curiosity, and language development while nurturing children's innate love for learning.
What's Included in Your Classroom Kit?
Each Key Foundations classroom kit includes these highly engaging materials for use by children and teachers during lessons, in learning centers, and for independent learning.
- 114 10-minute lessons
- Developmentally appropriate, game-like instruction
- Built-in assessment tools and teacher support materials
- 45 games for responsive instruction, reinforcement, and practice
- Targeted support for oral language development and phonological and phonemic awareness skills
- Rhythmic, rhyming alphabet books that teach letter names and sounds
- Book 1: hard "c" and "g" and the short vowel sounds
- Book 2: soft "c" and "g" and the long vowel sounds
- 156 cards that develop vocabulary and background knowledge
- Built-in phonological and phonemic awareness activities
- Games for building oral language skills
- 16 cards that develop oral language and cognitive skills
- Scaffolded language for asking and answering questions, describing, and categorizing
- Activities for extending vocabulary
- 25 consumable student books
- Support for letter recognition and formation
- 30 engaging small-group texts for practicing and applying skills in context
- Six student books and one teaching version per title, with built-in prompts aligned with the science of reading
How Does Key Foundations Work With Ignite?
Key Foundations makes learning foundational literacy skills easy with short, age-appropriate 10-minute lessons. It comes with all the resources you need and works seamlessly with Ignite, an interactive game-based platform. Ignite helps students get ready for their grade level with just 30 minutes of online play each week.
The combination of these resources not only helps with reading but also supports growth in mathematics, literacy, and overall child development. With Key Foundations, teachers can guide students toward a journey of learning and success.
Check out the detailed guide on how Key Foundations aligns with Ignite.