Following, we will take you through a child's Ignite journey!
- The importance of independent play starts before playing and learning even begins! Ignite by Hatch’s patented login system uses children’s pictures and a two-step authentication process that allows children to log in without the support of a teacher. No need for usernames, passwords, or QR codes! Children simply select their photo (twice) and they're ready to explore!
- The first time children log in to play in Ignite, they are invited to design their very own buddy (avatar):
- Upon completion of the design, children are welcomed into the Ignite Magic Tree House, at which point they will select the digital experience they want to play. Children are invited to play through three digital experiences:
Each digital experience is designed to take 2-5 minutes, which is intended to match the attention span of our young learners. Additional features include:
- Automatically repeating the instructions if a child does not submit an answer in a certain amount of time, providing just-in-time support!
- Children can 'tap' their buddy (or any Ignite character) to hear instructions again; providing on-demand support!
- When a child gives a correct answer, positive reinforcement is provided. When an incorrect response is submitted, gentle redirection is provided and children are encouraged to try again.
As children complete each digital experience, they earn a star in their star tracker (top left corner of every Ignite screen) and upon completing a set of three games, they visit the Dressing Room, where they are presented two new gifts from which they can choose for their buddy! When children are done in the dressing room, they return to the Magic Treehouse to choose their next digital experience (or to exit the app for another classroom activity).