This article will guide you through the process of entering information into our setup pages to help your organization begin using Ignite by Hatch™.
Step 1: Gather Roster Information
- You'll save time on setup by having information about these items handy:
- Users (teachers and school administrators)
- Children and family members/guardians
Step 2: Log in to Hatch Insights™
- If you are new to Hatch™, check your inbox for an email with the subject line, "Your password to Ignite by Hatch™."
- This email should contain a temporary password that you can use to log in to Hatch Insights™ and begin your setup. Select the green button in the email to begin.
- Log into Insights and set your password if prompted.
- You’ll see a page summarizing the setup you need to complete.
- You can choose any of the three green buttons at the bottom for adding data. In this article, we'll cover the Fill Out Online Form option. You can find information about the spreadsheet and ChildPlus options in this article.
Step 3: Add School Information (Required)
- After you select the Fill Out Online Form option, you’ll see a form that allows you to add school information for a new school.
- After you save each school, you’ll have a chance to select Add Another School or Done Adding Schools.
- You'll be automatically directed to a page where you can begin adding users.
Step 4: Add School Administrators (Optional)
- If you manage a large organization, you may want help from additional school administrators who can monitor teacher accounts and activity for specific schools.
- If so, provide details for each school administrator.
- Select the checkbox that indicates the School Administrator role, and indicate which school or schools each school administrator will manage.
- Each school administrator will receive a welcome email inviting them to log in and view reports for their school(s).
Step 5: Add Teachers (Required)
- As you probably noticed, you can use this same form to add teachers.
- It is important to add at least one teacher to each school so that play can begin. Teachers can log in to the Ignite by Hatch™ app and allow children to play for their assigned classrooms.
- Select the checkbox that indicates the Teacher role.
- We recommend assigning every teacher to a class. You can create a new class while you create each teacher, or assign a teacher to an existing class using the drop-down menu. This will save the teacher time on setup and usually results in a more consistent class naming structure.
- Each teacher will receive a welcome email with a password inviting them to log in.
Step 6: Add Children (Optional for Administrators)
- If the administrator has not added children to the system, teachers will be prompted to add details for children in their assigned classes when they first log in.
- However, setup of Ignite goes faster if administrators add children before teachers log in.
- The Hatch CSV import is a quick way to add child information in bulk. If you store child roster data in spreadsheets or can export information from another system, we recommend using our CSV import to add child information. See this article for more details.
- You can also enter child information into the website manually after you have reached your dashboard.
Step 7: Monitor Teacher Setup
- Once you see the following page, you have completed your initial setup. Review your data, and select That looks right! to proceed.
- If you would like to continue to manage your organization, select See My Organization.
- You can then visit your dashboard and continue to manage your schools, users, and classes using the ROSTER menu.
- The top-left tile on your dashboard will show information about which schools are still completing setup. You can select the link on this tile to see more details on the Setup Report.
- Monitor setup progress here to ensure that all teachers have added child photos and helped children to log in and begin playing Ignite.
- As soon as play begins, you'll see your dashboard and reports fill with child progress information.