Welcome to Ignite by Hatch™! Ignite offers play-based learning for children. When children play Ignite, their progress appears in our reporting website (Hatch Insights™). Ignite measures child progress to help you individualize instruction.
Please note that if your organization uses Classlink or Clever, many of the following steps may already be complete.
Where Do I Start?
- Tip: Your setup will move faster if you can gather class roster information and keep it handy.
- Teachers can begin using Ignite after their administrators have added them to the system.
- As soon as an administrator has added your teacher account, you will receive a welcome email containing your temporary password and a button inviting you to get started.
- The welcome email has the subject line: Welcome to Hatch! Let's get Started!
- Open your email, copy the temporary password, and select the green button to begin.
- The button will lead you to Hatch Insights, the website where you will manage your class and view reports about activity in Ignite.
- You'll be prompted to log in. Use your email address and the temporary password from your email.
- We'll prompt you to create a new password. Store this in a safe place.
- As soon as you log in, we'll list your remaining setup steps.
- If your administrator has completed some setup for you, you'll see some of these steps checked off.
- Select the green button to begin or you can check out a new way to roster using the Setup Assistant. Learn more: New Setup Assistant Rostering Checklist
1. Create a Class
- First, you'll see the Create Your Class page if you don't have any classes yet.
- If you belong to multiple schools (this is uncommon), select the school for that class.
- Add a name for your class.
- Choose your curriculum.
- Choose an icon to represent the class. Children will select this icon when they begin playing Ignite if you manage multiple classes.
- Select Create Class.
- From here, you can use the buttons to add another class or move on to the next step.
- You can also carry over children from the previous year if they will continue in your class.
2. Add Child Information
- You'll be prompted to enter child information if your classes don't have children yet.
- Adding family members/guardians is not required, but is recommended.
- Adding family members/guardians can help children reach playtime goals in Ignite.
- Any family members/guardians you add will receive their own invitation to sign in, access the Ignite app, and view reports about their child.
- If you have photographs of children, or if children are present in class, please provide a photo of each child to help them log in. You can complete this step later if needed.
- You can request that family members/guardians add photos of children instead by checking the box below Family Information before you save.
- You can add several children in a row by choosing the Save & Add Another option when you're done adding details for each child.
- If you have more than one class, you'll be prompted to add children to all your classes.
- After you have added children to all your classes, choose Save & View Child.
3. Your Information is Complete! Visit Your Dashboard.
- At this point, your setup is complete! You can choose to visit the Hatch Hub™ to learn more about Ignite, or visit your Teacher Dashboard to view reports and continue managing your class.
- If you choose to visit Insights, you'll see your dashboard.
- You can continue to manage children and classes using the ROSTER menu at the top of the page.
- The reports on Insights will begin to show data about child progress as soon as children in your class begin playing in Ignite.
Setting Up the Ignite by Hatch App for Play
- You can learn more about how to start using Ignite by visiting this page in Insights.
- If you have Hatch™ devices, Ignite should already be installed. Follow instructions to set up your device, then select the Play option (tablets) or Ignite icon (computers) when they appear.
- If you are using a Chromebook or Android device, install Ignite from the Google Play Store.
- If you are using an iPad or Apple device, install Ignite from the App Store.
- Ensure that your device has a reliable connection to the internet so that it can send data to your reports.
- After you have launched the Ignite app, you will see a similar login screen.
- Log in with your email address and your newly created password.
- You'll see a few animated screens, and you may need to accept Terms and Conditions.
- If you have multiple classes, you'll see the option to choose a class.
- After you or a child selects the class, a row of child photos will appear.
- This is the child login screen for your class.
- Once you see the child login screen, you can place your Ignite device in a technology center or another appropriate place in your classroom.
- Children can log themselves in independently by touching their photo twice.
- You're ready to go! Encourage children to play for 30 minutes each week, and watch data flow into your reports.
Other Situations You Might Encounter in the Ignite App
- If you log into Ignite before you went to Insights and added your classes, you may see a screen like this:
- If your organization manages your roster and it has not been created by the time you log in, then you may see a screen like this:
- If your organization has a different Hatch product, like IgniteTable, and does not have Ignite, then you may see a screen like this:
Best of luck on your Ignite journey!