This single sign-on (SSO) access is only available AFTER each user has been added into your organization’s student information system (SIS) and shared from ClassLink to Hatch Insights.
Your ClassLink Administrator needs to provide access to Ignite by Hatch™ for all users.
Please note that the Ignite by Hatch™ app must be installed on the device prior to beginning the process or please see Using Ignite by Hatch™ via a Web Browser for access to Ignite via web browser.
- Ignite by Hatch™ can be launched via the ClassLink mobile app or by logging into the ClassLink launchpad on the mobile device where the app is installed.
- Once you log into Ignite™ you can hand the device to the child to play!
- Hatch Insights can be accessed via ClassLink in two ways:
- From the ClassLink Launchpad:
Or, go to the Hatch Insights site and use the “Sign in with ClassLink” button. If you are already logged into ClassLink, you will be automatically logged in. Otherwise, you will be taken to the launchpad and after you are logged into ClassLink, you will be redirected to Insights:
BEFORE Children Play Ignite:
- Before children can play Ignite, they require a photo. Clever integration customers are recommended to enable the Organization Setting to automatically generate placeholder photos, which means that children can start playing via SSO immediately! Administrators and teachers can choose to add a child photo directly in each child’s profile if desired.
- You can add a photo by uploading it to Insights (Ignite’s reporting site), snap a picture of a child “live”, or ask families to submit a photo to respective teachers.
- To request a photo from families, family information MUST be added to the Student Information System (SIS). Please allow time for the information to sync with ClassLink, which will ensure the family’s email address is included within the child’s profile by way of Insights.
- In this article, you will find details regarding how to add/edit photos in Ignite: How do I add or change a child profile picture? To edit child pictures in Insights simply navigate to View & Edit Children and then click the edit icon in the row of the child whose picture you'd like to edit. From this page, you can upload a new child photo.
- If you do not want to add child images then an Organization Admin will need to navigate to the organization settings page and disable this requirement.
Invite Children to Play Ignite:
- Teachers launch Ignite via ClassLink, at which point they are presented with their Classroom Page before handing the device to the child(ren). The child selects his/her photo and can begin to learn as they PLAY!
We have one ClassLink app for all types of users. Depending on the device you're using this app will either launch our web version of Ignite or our app version.
Note: if the app is not downloaded on your device you may be prompted to do so.
Will my device use the browser version of Ignite or the app?
- 64 bit: web app
- 32 bit: not supported
- 64 bit with Chrome browser: web app
- 64 bit without Chrome Browser: downloaded app
- 32 bit any browser: downloaded app
- web app
- iOS Devices
- mobile app
- Android Devices
- mobile app
Important Ignite by Hatch™ OS specific SSO items:
- On an iOS device, using the Safari Browser, after the user launches the Ignite by Hatch™ app, the user will be prompted to open the Ignite app. Please select Open. You will have to select Open every time the Ignite by Hatch™ app is opened. If you are using the Chrome browser on your iOS device, you will not encounter this pop-up.
- On an Android device running Android 7 using the Chrome Browser, after the user launches the Ignite by Hatch™ app, the user will be prompted to open the Ignite™ app. Please select Always. This will allow the device to always open the Ignite™ app and will not ask the user to select every time the app is launched.
- If your organization is using Chromebooks, with Google Chrome, after the user launches the Ignite by Hatch™ app, the user will be prompted to open the Ignite™ app. Please check the Remember my choice and tap Open. This will allow the device to always open the Ignite™ app and will not ask the user to select every time the app is launched.
Important Ignite by Hatch™ Browser specific SSO items:
- Ignite by Hatch™ Browser it is not supported on:
- Mobile devices such as Apple iPad, iPhone, or Android devices.
- Devices with a 32-bit architecture such as Microsoft Windows 32 bit
- Google Chrome browser 90 or higher must be used.