The Insights Play Log Report has been entirely reimagined and redesigned to meet the needs of new and existing customers, including a streamlined design, improved descriptions, and many additional filters!
Overview of the Play Log’s Newest Features:
- The Play Log export file includes ALL experience types:
- Core Skills
- Guided Practice
- Free Play
- Entry/Exit Skill Check-Ups
To support this addition, you will find a new column entitled, “Experience Type,” which enables Administrators and Teachers an experience-by-experience break-down of each child’s engagement with the Ignite digital experiences.
- The Skill Level in the Play Log export file will now display the Ignite skill level as a number (1 to 8). This addition enables Administrators and Teachers to determine child progress more easily because the information aligns and matches with what is shown in the Child Skill Detail report bars.
- Filtering options are set to include ALL options within the current school year, which enables Administrators and Teachers to download their full play log report with one click:
3. Administrators and Teachers can filter their data and do so with a whole range of new subject matter and demographic filters. These options are a multi-select search drop-down filter and are inclusive of the following:
a. Time Range - A start and end date can be chosen using a calendar date picker. In addition, any past date can be chosen. This retrieves active data from that time-period, and cannot be used to view inactive data, such as data that has been archived, but can be used for non-archived organizations or carry-over children.
b. School– This provides a list of schools. Org Administrators will see all schools in their organization, and school administrators will see the schools for which they admin for. Teachers will see their own school.
c. Class – This filter provides a list of classes you have access to view. This is also dependent on the school/s filtered above.
d. Child – This filter provides a list of children. This is dependent on the school and class filters outlined above.
e. Domain - Administrators or Teachers can choose from the 7 Learning Domains, allowing them to see engagement within that specific domain:
f. Experience Type– Teachers and Administrators can choose between the 4 types of experiences (Core Skills, Guided Practice, Entry/Exit Check-Ups, and/or Free Play) and see engagement for each specific type.
g. Display Time As– This toggle, allows Administrators and Teachers to choose to display the child play time for each session in either seconds, minutes, or hours. The time will be displayed as a decimal. By default, minutes is selected.
h. Age – This filter enables Teachers and Administrators to choose a specific age, or set of ages, to see data.
i. Grade – This filter enables Teachers and Administrators to choose a specific grade, or set of grades, to see data. If this information is not provided (for the children in the class) keeping the toggle set to “ALL” will still include children without an entry in this field. By default, will include all grade levels (including children where a grade level is not provided).
j. Language – A specific language, or both languages (English & Spanish), can be chosen. By default, is set, to all.
k. Race – Teachers and Administrators can choose a specific demographic race, or set of demographic races, to see data. By default, is set, to all.
l. Ethnicity – Teachers and Administrators can choose a specific demographic ethnicity, or set of demographic ethnicities, to see data. By default, is set, to all.
m. HatchSync – This toggle allows Teachers and Administrators to choose between three options which control how much HatchSync information is included in the report:
- *Count- *By default, Count is selected (“Count” matches the previous experience).