Carryover is a feature available for teachers and administrators to easily re-add returning children to Hatch Insights after an archive. Any children that are carried over from the previous year will retain all their progress within Ignite, profile settings, photo and (if applicable) any HatchSync document counts from progress sent to Teaching Strategies GOLD.
The instructions below are designed for those using the Simple Carryover method. If you’d like the instructions for Bulk Carryover click here.
- Navigate to Hatch Insights and log in with your teacher credentials.
- We recommend creating your new year’s class(es) before attempting carryover but with Simple Carryover, we do give you the option to add your class during the process. For information on how to add a class see this article.
- Navigate to carryover by hovering over ROSTER and then select Carryover Last Year's Children
- Here you will see two options for carryover: Simple or Bulk. Simple is recommended if you’re only responsible for a couple of classes or if you need to carry over a relatively small number of children. Bulk carryover is recommended if you need to update multiple classes or you have a lot of children to carry over.
- Here we’ll discuss Simple Carryover. Your first step will be to select the schools you’d like to carry over children from and the class to which you need to add children. Note: You must select one or more schools in the drop-down before you can select a class and continue.
- After selecting these options you will see a list of the appropriate children including their full names, the class they were in when they were archived, and the school they were in when they were archived. You will also see the current roster for the class you selected in step one. If no children have been added or carried over to your class yet then this should be blank. You will also see a section for the new children you will be adding in this carryover session.
- On this page, you should start by searching and checking the boxes next to the name of the child you’d like to carry over into your current class.
- Once you’ve added all the children you need to carry over to this class then click Save Roster. After you save your roster you’ll be able to continue carryover with another class or finish the carryover session.