How to Edit or Reassign an Educator in Hatch Insights™
- Log into Hatch Insights at insights.hatchearlylearning.com with your organization administrator credentials.
- Navigate to ROSTER in the top drop-down menu, and select View & Edit Educators.
- On the View & Edit Educators page, you can see all educators, their emails, associated schools, and roles. On this page, you can also change their activation status, send them a password reset email, or resend their invite by clicking on the blue text.
- To edit an educator's information, select the pencil labeled Edit Info under the Edit column on the far right. If the user is a teacher, then clicking this will also allow you to change their class assignment.
- After clicking the Edit Info button, you'll see the educator's information in an editable form on a new page.
- Here, you can easily change their role, school, name, and email. You can also select Reset Password toward the bottom of the page. To deactivate a user, uncheck the Active checkbox.
- If you'd like to change their role, first click the white X in the green button by their current role to deselect it. Next, click the Select user role drop-down, and choose the new role that you'd like the user to be: either a teacher, school admin, or organization admin.
Editing Teacher School or Class Assignment
- If you want to change a teacher's school, select the School/s drop-down. The drop-down will display all the schools you have set up.
- Select the school you want the teacher to be in by clicking the white box next to the name of the school. Note: Depending on your organization settings, you may only be allowed to assign a teacher to one school, so make sure to deselect the school you do not want them in. To change this setting, go to your setting page under ROSTER.
- To add a teacher to an existing class, select the Add Teacher to Existing Class drop-down. Here, you will see all the classes in the selected school from above.
- Select the class you'd like the teacher to be assigned to by clicking the white box next to the name of the class. Note: If the teacher is not already assigned to a class and if your organization settings allow teachers to create and edit classes, then you may leave the class section here blank. Then, the teacher will be prompted to create a class when they log in.
- If the class that you'd like to assign your teacher to does not exist, then click the Create a classClasskbox.
- Select the school that the new class should be a part of by clicking the School drop-down.
- Give the class a name
- Select Save to apply changes.
- Note that after saving, you can select Edit Info to return to this page and edit that educator again.
You can edit school admin information by following similar steps as those described here. However, if you'd like to edit family information without changing their user role, then navigate to their child's profile.