How to Edit or Reassign a User in Hatch Insights™
- Log into Hatch Insights at insights.hatchearlylearning.com with your Organization Administrator credentials.
- Go to Roster in the top-right menu and select View & Edit Users.
- On the View & Edit Users page you can see all users, their emails, associated schools, and roles. On this page you can also change a user's activation status, send them a password reset email or resend their invite by clicking on the blue text.
- To edit all of a user's information select the pencil labeled Edit Info under the Edit column on the far right. If the user is a teacher then clicking this will also allow you to change their class assignment.
- After clicking the Edit Info button, you'll see the user's information in an editable form on a new page.
- Here you can easily change a user's role, school, name, and email. You can also reset their password by hitting the white button with a green outline or deactivate the user by hitting the check mark.
- If you'd like to change a user's role, first click the white X by their current role to deselect it. Next click the Select Role dropdown and choose the new role that you'd like the user to be, either a Teacher, School Admin, or Organizational Admin
Editing Teacher School or Class Assignment
- If you want to change a teacher's school select the School/s dropdown. Here you'll see all the schools you've set up.
- Select the school you want the teacher to be in by clicking the white box next to the name of the school. Note: depending on your org settings you may only be allowed to assign a teacher to one school so make sure to unselect the school you do not want them in. To change this setting go to your setting page under Roster.
- To add a teacher to an existing class select the Add Teacher to Existing Class dropdown. Here you will see all the classes in the selected school from above.
- Select the class you'd like the teacher to be assigned to by clicking the white box next to the name of the class. Note: If the teacher is not already assigned to a class and if your organization settings allow teachers to create and edit classes then you may leave the class section here blank and the teacher will be prompted to create a class when they log in.
- If the class that you'd like to assign your teacher to does not exist then click the Create a Class checkbox.
- Select the school that the new class should be a part of by clicking the School dropdown.
- Give the class a name and choose the number of children you expect to belong to this class.
- Select Save to apply changes.
- Note that after saving user details, you can select Edit Info to return and edit that user again.
You can edit School Admin information by following similar steps as described above, however, if you'd like to edit Family info without changing their user role then navigate their child's profile.