- What Information does Hatch Inc. collect?
In order to use our Products, customers must create an account for themselves and for any of their employees, staff, students, children and families (each a “User”) that interacts with the Products. In connection with these accounts, Hatch collects some Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) for each User. The kinds of PII we collect varies based on the kind of User, as described below:
- Customer or Subscriber Information. first name, last name, email address, phone number, and billing and payment information.
- Child and/or Student Information. first name, last name, date of birth, gender, grade, race, cognitive age, ethnicity, disability (limited to Individualized Education Plan (“IEP”) and/or Individualized Family Service Plan (“IFSP”), if applicable), picture, student identification number, and corresponding Teacher and Family Member information associated with each child.
- Family Member/Guardian Information. first name, last name, child’s name and relationship to Family Member/Guardian; email address and/or phone number.
- Employee, Staff and/or Teacher Information. first name, last name, email address and/or phone number, teacher identification number, organization identification number, and site location.
- Administrator Information. first name, last name, email address and/or phone number, and site location.
Please note that depending on how you interact with the Product, you may fall under one or more different categories (for example, if you are both a Customer and a Family Member). Your PII may be entered by you directly, or, alternatively, by another User – such as teacher or administrator – in order to grant you access to the Product, or to provide you with notices regarding the Product. If you are entering PII on behalf of a User other than yourself, you are responsible for obtaining the User’s express written consent.
We may use your PII to communicate with you. For example, we may use your email address to send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Products. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us improve our communications and Products. You may stop receiving communications from us by choosing the "unsubscribe" option at the bottom of our emails.
- Information Collected and Sent Automatically.
Your browser or device automatically sends us Collected Information whenever you interact with our Products. Collected Information we receive may include as your IP address, device identification, cookie information, the type of browser and/or device you're using to access our Products, and the page or feature you requested. "Cookies" are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how frequently Users visit the pages and features in our Products.
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve our Products - for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Products, and we can use that knowledge to further innovate and advance our Products.
Some browsers or devices may allow you to submit “Do Not Track” requests.” DUE TO THE AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF DATA USING COOKIES, WE DO NOT HONOR "DO NOT TRACK" REQUESTS.
- Will Hatch Inc. Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We do not rent or sell your PII in personally identifiable form to anyone, provided that certain PII may be transferred to third parties in connection with business transfers, as described below:
- Business Partner. In certain situations, and with customer's written consent we do share some child information (first name, last name, organization name) to our partner Teaching Strategy in order to aid our customers with children assessment process.
- Protection of Company and Others. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with laws, regulations, and/or court orders; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others.
- Amazon Web Services. Currently, Hatch uses Amazon Web Services, Inc. (“AWS”) as a third-party service provider for data hosting. AWS has its own policies and procedures for handling and protecting data, which may be reviewed at https://aws.amazon.com/legal/?nc1=f_cc, the terms of which are incorporated by reference herein.
- Is My Personal Information secure?
Your account is protected by a password and/or other login credentials for your privacy and security. You are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account, PII, and other Collected Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Collected Information and PII. We monitor our Products for unauthorized entry or use, and will pursue any and all legal remedies, whether civil or criminal, against unauthorized users.
- What Personal Information can I access?
Depending on your role, you have permission to add or edit details. Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the information you’ve provided to us, such as First Name, Last Name, password, and contact information. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Products change. You have the right to request information about the PII we collect and use as set forth in Sections 7 and 8, below.
- Special notices and rights for Family Members and Guardians under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
- Notice. COPPA is a federal law (15 U.S.C. §6501 et seq.) that gives family members and guardians special rights, including the right to notice about how we collect and use PII. We collect information on family members/guardians from Users such as the educational employees, staff, teachers and administrators in order to provide you with notice and obtain your consent relating to the collection of your child’s PII. The kinds of PII we collect is set forth in Section 2 above.
- Review of PII. You have the right to review any PII we collect related to you or your Child, email your request to us, and we will work with you to deliver a report on the PII in a reviewable format.
- Retention and Deletion of PII. You have the right at any time to request the deletion of PII and/or refuse the further collection of PII from you or your child. Email your request to us, and we will honor your request. We may need to retain some of the PII for a short time in order to fulfill our obligations to you under an existing subscription or order, or under applicable laws. We will use commercially reasonable measures to protect your PII against unauthorized access and use until it is deleted.
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Notice. California residents have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§1798.100 et seq.) and other related statutes. In particular, Hatch collects PII in accordance with the purposes set forth in Section 1, and the categories of PII in the manner and ways set forth in Section 2. We do not sell or share any PII with any third party other than AWS as set forth in Section 5, above.
- Review of PII. You have the right to review any PII we collect related to you or your Child. Email your request to us, and we will work with you to deliver a report on the PII in a reviewable format within 45 days of your request.
- Retention and Deletion of PII. You have the right at any time to request the deletion of PII, or to refuse the further collection of PII from you or your child. Submit your request to us via email, US Mail at the address provided below, by online form on our website, or, if possible, through links provided in the Products. We may need to retain some of the PII for a short time in order to fulfill our obligations to you under an existing subscription or order, or under applicable laws. We will use commercially reasonable measures to protect your PII against unauthorized access and use until it is deleted.
- What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to use some of our features for your benefit.
You may be able to add, update, or delete your PII as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised Collected Info and/or PII in our records.
You may contact us to request deletion of your account using the contact information below. Some Collected Information and PII may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account.
We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your PII after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
- What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, or general questions about our Products or business, please send us a detailed message to or at the address below and we will try to resolve your concerns.
Attn: Customer Care
301 N Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101