Within Hatch® Insights, Organizational Admins can create schools, school admins, teachers, classes, children and parents through a simple import option. If your organization uses ChildPlus, click here.
1. Navigate to Hatch Insights and log in as an organization admin.
2. Click Org Management and select Import from the dropdown menu. Importing should be completed in the order seen: Schools, School Admins, Teachers & Classes, Children & Parents. Select the option for specific import directions regarding each .csv file.
3. On each Import screen select the Download Template button to download the spreadsheet to be completed. This will automatically download the template to the user’s downloads folder and they should see the file on the bottom left of their browser screen.
- More detailed information about the data format and other hints are included in a pdf that can be downloaded from any Import page by selecting the SEE COMPLETE GUIDELINES link just beneath Tob-E the robot.
4. Complete the spreadsheet according to headers. All fields with an * are required. After populating the template, be sure to remove the sample data and save the data.
5. Return to the Import screen and select the Upload button. A dialog box will appear that enables the admin to select the location of their file to be imported.
6. Locate completed template and select open.
7. If any issues are found, they will be displayed on the screen. Simply correct the data and upload again.
8. If no errors are found select Complete Import.
9. Once uploaded, Import Complete screen appears.
- A Status and Import History screen may appear when importing. On the right side of the screen the immediate status of the import in progress will be displayed along with the time estimate for completion of the import.
- If your estimated wait time is long, you can leave the website and return to check by visiting Org Management > Import > Status and History.
- You will receive an email when your import is complete or if your import has an error.
- If your import has an error, view your Status and History page, where formatting issues will be displayed on the screen. Check the row mentioned on the screen, correct the data, and upload again from this page.