Within Hatch® Insights, Organizational Admins can create schools, school admins, teachers, classes, children and parents through a simple import option. If your organization uses ChildPlus, click here.
1. Navigate to Hatch Insights and log in as an organization admin.
2. Click ROSTER and select Roster CSV from the dropdown menu.
3. Importing should be completed in the order seen: Schools, School Admins, Teachers & Classes, Children & Parents. Select the option for GUIDELINES to see detailed guidelines regarding each import type.
4. Select the Download Template button to download the spreadsheet to be completed for each set of data (schools, school admins, teachers and classes, children and parents). This will automatically download the template to the user’s downloads folder.
5. Complete the spreadsheet according to headers. All fields with an * are required. After populating the template, be sure to remove the sample data and save.
6. Return to the Import screen and either drag and drop the completed CSV file or select the Choose a File button. The upload will begin immediately after you submit the file.
7. If any issues are found, they will be displayed on the screen. Simply correct the data and upload again.
8. If no errors are found select Complete Import.
9. Once uploaded, Import Complete screen appears.
- An Import History screen may appear when importing. On the right side of the screen the immediate status of the import in progress will be displayed along with the time estimate for completion of the import.
- If your estimated wait time is long, you can leave the website and return to check by visiting ROSTER > Import History.
- You will receive an email when your import is complete or if your import has an error.
- If your import has an error, view your Import History page, where formatting issues will be displayed on the screen. Check the row mentioned on the screen, correct the data, and upload again from this page.