WHAT ARE THE ENTRY AND EXIT CHECK-UPS?
- Entry and Exit Skill Check-Ups present a specially defined set of experiences to a child at the beginning and end of the school year.
- The purpose of an entry score is to measure the baseline, or the skills the child comes with into the classroom. This allows teachers to measure the amount of growth (or learning) that took place over the course of the year in his/her classroom.
- A Skill Check-Up consists of up to 32 experiences that measure each child's understanding within these 4 domains:
- Phonological Awareness & Phonics
- Language & Communication
- Social-Emotional Development
- Children should complete the Skill Check-Up independently, without help from adults or other children, so that their skill level can be measured accurately.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR ENTRY AND EXIT CHECK-UPS?
- If possible, children should complete the Entry Check-Ups within 2 weeks of starting play.
- Entry Check-Ups will appear between August 1st and November 30th.
- After November 30th, the Entry Check-Ups will no longer appear in the app for the current school year, as they are meant to measure the child's skill levels at the beginning of the year.
- After November 30th, all children who play will be presented with Ignite™'s core experiences, which contribute to progress towards K-readiness in the Overview Reports.
- Exit Check-Ups will appear between May 1st and July 31st.
- In order to play the Exit Check-Ups, children must play the Entry Check-Ups first.
- Children MUST play and complete both Entry and Exit Check-Ups in the same language in order to have a Growth measurement.