Below are instructions on how to add teachers and administrators to Hatch Insights™. Your current user role will determine what users you are authorized to add:
- Organization administrators can add organization administrators, school administrators, and teachers.
- School administrators can add teachers to their assigned schools.
- Teachers cannot add user accounts, but they can add children and family members to their classroom.
Note that if you do not see some of the options below, your organization may be using automated rostering. Learn more about options for managing your data.
If you are new to Ignite by Hatch™ and are adding the very first schools to your organization, your setup experience will guide you to options for adding schools.
- Navigate to Hatch Insights™ and log in as an organization administrator.
- Select the ROSTER menu. Then, in the Users section, select Add New User.
- This page can be used to add teachers, school administrators, and organization administrators.
- Add the required information, including a functional email address. All items with an asterisk (*) beside them are required.
To Add a Teacher
- Under the User Role drop-down, select Teacher.
- Choose an option to assign the teacher to an existing class or to create a new class for this teacher.
To Add a School Administrator (Organization Administrators Only)
- Under the User Role drop-down, select School Administrator.
- Select the schools this school administrator should have access to manage.
To Add an Organization Administrator (Organization Administrators Only)
- Under the User Role drop-down, select Organization Administrator.
- Select the schools this organization administrator should have access to manage.
Save Your Changes
- Select Add User to save and create the user.
- The user will receive an email containing a temporary password inviting them to log in.
- Select the option to Add Another User if additional users need to be added.
- If you need additional organization administrator accounts created, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the email is sent from an active organization administrator account.