Creating a new Admin in Teaching Strategies GOLD®
To activate HatchSync for your program, the first step is to create a new Admin user account in Teaching Strategies GOLD®. This Admin user account will be used by the automatic process to help sync documents between the two systems.
- Navigate to: https://my.teachingstrategies.com/
- Log in with your Teaching Strategies Administrator account.
- Under the Quick Links heading, to the right, click the Users button.
- In the top-left corner, click the Add button.
- Fill in the user information as follows:
- User Type - select Administrator
- Admin Type - choose Standard Administrator
- Organizations - Place a checkmark next to each site listed. Ensure that you click each triangle to expand the organization tree so that all sites are selected. The screenshot below is an example, with the Hatch Organization, Piedmont School District, and Easton Elementary.
- User Info, Program, and Site can be set to any, since this user account will already have access to all sites for the organization in step c, and will never need to actually login.
Set User Details to the user's first name to Hatch and the last name to Sync.
Next, enter your own email address and phone number.
- Under Security, for the username, add the name of your main TSG Organization, Program, or Site without spaces (e.g. "Piedmont").
- The Team Member Access area can be skipped.
- At the bottom of the page, enter your own Teaching Strategies GOLD password to confirm the user entry.
- In the bottom-right, click the “Save” button.
- Next, you will receive an email from Teaching Strategies instructing you to click a link to reset the password for the account. Follow the directions and set a password for the account. We suggest making this a complex password, as it will only be entered once.
- Once the username and password has been created for the Teaching Strategies Service account, you are now ready to add it to your HatchSync account