Note: Documentation will not be sent for Entry Experiences. For more information about Entry Experiences, check out this article: What are Entry Experiences?
Automatic Documentation via HatchSync®
- HatchSync functionality tracks child progress within Ignite by Hatch™ and uses it to create and send documentation automatically to Teaching Strategies GOLD®, saving teachers time.
- Ignite will send documents automatically to 26 of the 38 Objectives in Teaching Strategies GOLD®.
Ignite aligns to 41 dimensions within Teaching Strategies GOLD®. In a typical classroom of about 20 children, a teacher can see more than 5,000 pieces of documentation each year!
Please find the PDF attached to this article for an updated view of the following chart.
- HatchSync sends a level with most documents. A green check in the document (see image) means a preliminary level is sent to a child’s profile in GOLD®. An orange check means a document is sent to a child’s profile in GOLD® and a teacher needs to add a comment or a preliminary level.
- For some experiences, HatchSync sends a drawing work sample to GOLD® along with the document. Because HatchSync does not score drawings, a level of 0 will be sent with those documents.
- GOLD objectives Science & Technology, Social Studies, and The Arts are not automatically included or enabled in your GOLD license. If they are not enabled we will not be able to send documents for these objectives. For more information about enabling these additional areas see Teaching Strategies GOLD Additional Content Areas.