Entry Experiences help gauge children's initial understanding across five learning domains at the beginning of the school year. After completing these Entry Experiences, children move on to the Ignite Core Experiences, which encompass seven domains of learning. Detailed information can be found in Ignite Learning Domains, Strands, Subdomains, Skill Levels, and Skill Descriptors.
Educators might wonder, "What value does the entry phase offer?" As children progress through the Entry Experiences and beyond, it is essential that educators utilize Hatch Insights™ to track children's development. By doing so, educators can identify areas where additional in-class support might be needed, especially for skills not yet demonstrated during the entry phase. In short, Entry Experiences provide a baseline understanding of children's levels within Ignite by Hatch™.
Tracking Entry Progress
Insights provides Entry Reports, offering insights into children's advancement. These reports reveal the highest skill level a child demonstrates in a subdomain, enabling educators to intervene if there are misalignments between a child's performance and expectations.
Following the entry phase, children proceed to Ignite Core Experiences. Core Experiences assess development in each of the seven domains of learning to provide ongoing data to educators and families. Core Experiences are presented to the children in sets of three, and the subdomains are premixed. When a child completes the Core Experiences, they will receive a star; when they get three stars, they will get a prize and the chance to customize their buddy. You can learn more about this in A Child's Journey Through Ignite by Hatch™.
Ignite monitors children's skill development. If challenges arise in a particular skill, additional assistance is automatically provided through Guided Practice experiences, as detailed in Guided Practice in the Ignite by Hatch™ Digital Learning Platform! Guided Practice experiences help to teach the child while also building confidence in that skill, using an “I Do, We Do, You Do” model of instruction.
Depending on the child's grade, they start Ignite at Level 1 or Level 3 (for kindergarten children). To achieve their learning goals within the academic year, it's recommended that children engage with Ignite for at least 30 minutes per week.
Tracking Progress After Entry
Insights offers various reports that serve as starting points to monitor children's progress in Ignite:
- Child Skill Detail Report: Provides a detailed view of individual child skill progress, including insights into skills demonstrated in Ignite or during Guided Practice
- Playtime Reports: Ensures that children meet the weekly 30-minute engagement goal
- Progress Reports: Offers an overview of the average skill-level progress for all children
Here are additional reports available for exploration:
- [Org Admins, School Admins, Teachers] Ignite by Hatch™ Growth Report
- [Org Admins] Quarterly Summary Report
- [Org Admins, School Admins, Teachers] The Child Time & Progress Export
- [Org Admins, School Admins, Teachers] The Play Log CSV Export
- [Org Admins, School Admins, Teachers] NEW Ignite Setup Reports
- [Org Admins, School Admins, Teachers] NEW Ignite Utilization Reports
Feel free to explore these resources to gain comprehensive insights into your children's learning journeys.