Note: This article is for teachers using Clever to roster in Hatch. If you do not use Clever please see: [Teachers] Getting Started With IgniteTable by Hatch™.
Before your children can play IgniteTable, you might need to log in to Hatch Insights™ to add child photos. Photos are necessary for children to be able to play IgniteTable. Children will tap their photos to log in to IgniteTable to play. Check out A Child's Journey Through IgniteTable by Hatch™ for more information.
Logging in to Insights
Single Sign-on (SSO) With Clever
Insights can be launched via the Clever mobile app or by logging in to the Clever portal where the app is installed.
Open Clever, and select the Hatch Insights app.
Note: Child Clever accounts will not be able to access Insights.
Logging in With Hatch™
Clever users who do not want to use the Clever application for SSO into Insights can still use their email and password to log in to Insights.
If you already have an email and password for Hatch, please do the following:
Open Insights in your Internet browser.
At the login screen, enter your known email and password, and click the Log In button.
If you do not have an email and password for Hatch or you don’t remember your password, please do the following:
Open Insights in your Internet browser.
At the login screen, click Forgot Your Password?
Enter the email associated with your Hatch account, and click Send Me a Link.
Check your inbox for an email with instructions to complete a password reset.
How to Add Pictures
Adding Photos From the View & Edit Children Page
- An easy way to see which children have photos and which don't is by navigating to View & Edit Children under the ROSTER menu.
- Here, you'll find a column labeled Photo Status. Children with photos will show "Has Photo" in this column. Children without a photo will show "Needs Photo" in this column. Children whose families have submitted a photo will show "Needs Approval" in this column.
- When you click on Needs Photo, you will see a pop-up requesting you to add the child's photo via camera or file upload.
- When you click on Needs Approval, you will see a pop-up showing the photo the family member submitted and options to approve or decline it.
- When you click Has Photo, you will be taken to the child's profile page to see more details about the child and view their current photo.
- On the View & Edit Children page, you can also filter the children in the list by their photo status.
Adding Photos With the Photo Pop-Up
Another way to add photos is through the photo pop-up. Insights will automatically present a pop-up that provides options that allow teachers to add or request a photograph for each child.
- Any time a teacher signs into Insights, our system checks for children who still need a photo, and the following pop-up will appear.
- Each child without a photo will be listed in the pop-up. The pop-up will also provide options for the teacher to take a photo using the system camera or to upload a photo.
- If a family member account has been added along with the child's info, the teacher will have the option to request a photo from the child's family member by selecting Request Photo from Parent.
- The family member will receive an email to upload a photo to Insights. Once the photo is uploaded, the teacher will receive an email informing them that it has been uploaded.
- When a family member/guardian submits a photo, the teacher will be prompted with a similar automatic pop-up to review. From here, teachers can approve the photo or request a new photo.
Only after you've set up your classroom do we recommend moving to the table. Once there, you can log in and start using IgniteTable.
When you first use IgniteTable, you'll be prompted to log in. Your login information for the table is the same as the information you use for Insights.
- Touch the Log in with Clever button on the IgniteTable login screen.
- Enter your Clever teacher credentials to log in. Note: Child Clever accounts will not be able to access IgniteTable.
- After logging in, if you do not have at least one class and two children with photos, then you will be prompted to add them in Insights (see above). We recommend doing this on a computer instead of on IgniteTable itself.
- Once these requirements are met, you will be taken to one of two places. If you have multiple classes, then you will be taken to a screen to select a class.
- If you only have one class, you will be taken to a screen where your children can log in and begin play. To learn more about the child journey in IgniteTable, visit this article: A Child's Journey Through IgniteTable by Hatch™.